HybridZ

need large pipe cutter!

fl327

i bought a cheapo 30.00 one from the local hardware store, complete POS, wont stay clamped on anything-wont cut anything. getting ready to do this intercooler piping, god what pain in the @ss! but i cant wait. im ready to spend a bit more for one that works, the only other quote i got was for 90.00, it should work better its from a tool company i get stuff from, but im wondering if there was one inbetween that you guys might have had sucess with?

thanx yall.

why not get a chop saw?

i picked one up at a panw shop for less than 100$ and it cuts metal like nuthin! i used it to cut my intercooler pipe...my frame rails...and my turbo plumbing couplings.

its nice to have...and you can always use it again and again whenever you need to cut stuff.

dont have the room at my slot to fit a chopsaw, and dangit i love em, that and a belt grinder and i could run shop something fierce. i have a sawzall, plan to use it to cut bigger sections of pipe, but need something to hack the angles smoother, last cutter i bought was a complete POS....

Len, I've had good luck with buying a long blade for the Saw's All. If you have Harbor Frieght near you they have the small Chop Saw for 50.00 bucks right now. It will cut angles and all that. I also use a small belt sander that I bought for 30 bucks to clean up the edges and make any adjustment that I messed up on during cutting.