HybridZ

Nos Exsplosions With L-series INJ manifold ?

twistex

i was thinking of doing NOS but i hear that if your intake manifold isn't designed to flow fuel and just air that if you run a wet shot into your intake at the tb that it could possibly puddle up and cause an exsplosion. thats if you dont run direct port to each cyl. anyone have any comments or seen how othe people have done wet shots or dry shots before the tb or at the tb?

Nitrous Oxide is non-flammable. It is the breakdown under heat and subsequent release of Oxygen that promotes burn. Fuel must be added to reduce going too lean during injection. A dry shot is merely a much smaller dose of Nitrous Oxide (without additional fuel) that limits horsepower gains in the lower single digits. It's actually called Nitrous Oxide or N2O. NOS is the acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems.

learn somtin' new everyday. I already understood that nos is not the proper term. But it's kinda become habbit for me as me and some friends love to bag on ricer guys who call it nawwz. And if you go around calling it N2O many people might not know what you're talking about. Which is why I usually call it nitrous.

But the questoin still stands. Won't liquid nitrous puddle in the intake manifold?

But the questoin still stands. Won't liquid nitrous puddle in the intake manifold?

Nitrous Oxide is non-flammable. It is the breakdown under heat and subsequent release of Oxygen that promotes burn.

I believe the problem is FUEL pooling in the intake manifold, since Nitrous Oxide is non-flammable. It wouldn't do harm if the nitrous oxide pooled in the intake manifold.

-Oliver

I can assure you that you will never have liquid nitrous puddled up in your intake. What you may get is liquid fuel (gasoline) puddled your intake. A wet system means that you have nitrous and fuel mixed together upstream of the intake manifold (or in the intake) while a dry system adds the fuel on the downstream side of the intake i.e. just above the valves (where your fuel injectors sit).

The additional oxygen in the N2"O" combined with the additional fuel (either by a wet system or by increased injectors or injector capacity) is what gives you the horse power in a bottle. The explosion issue is always there but it is increased when you increase the volume of space that has fuel and oxygen combined such as in your intake.

Dragonfly

ok sounds good .. i would rather have direct port anyways i was just curious. and i realize that nos aint flamable its when heat is aplied and when it breaks down. anyways. also i wonder if they make injectors that would work with z manifold that have the nos built in to flow threw the injector. anyone seen those ? well .. anyways my car isnt even running right now anyways so well see.

N20 and L motors work great together I would limit the rwh shot to around 100 rwh as the stock cast pistons will start to compress and lock up on the compression ring.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/album?.dir=15c7&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2071134