HybridZ

put my eibachs on correctly this time

but the front is still a little higher. about 2 1/2 finger gap at the rear and just over 4 fingers at the front. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I got one of my ZG flares on. the paint is still drying on the others. I don't know, does it look right? seems like the front should be a little lower.

lowered.jpg

zg_flare.jpg

you put the rears on the front?

i love green Z's!

mike

yes, I did, but that was yesterday. I redid it today.

The color was really irrelevant to me in the decision purchase. I figured if I ever repainted it, I would go silver or black, but I really love this particular green, especially with the black stripes, bumper and flares. WHen I got the car, it was flat green, but a little polish and a buffer shined it right up. Eventually, I'll do the back bumper in black too, maybe the hood?

The springs should settle a bit after you drive the car. I'd give it a couple of days of driving and then see how they look.
yeah, I'll do that first, but the backs might also settle.

Here are some quick and dirty pics with the flares installed.

flares_installed_0021.jpg

flares_installed_0011.jpg

I think there is more required here then just "settling" hate to bust your bubble but if those springs settle 2" i would throw them in the dumpster. Looks like you maybe have the wrong springs, at first glance I would have said exactly what mike said might have the fronts and rear mixed up, but since youve already checked that....

have you checked the part number on them?

-Austin

car looks good btw

also wanted to add, have you driven the car at all or rolled it around or pushed on it? What im getting at is somtimes the whole suspension needs to drop back down after its been jacked up. But i would assume this has already been done, just stabbing around here.

also wanted to add, have you driven the car at all or rolled it around or pushed on it? What im getting at is somtimes the whole suspension needs to drop back down after its been jacked up. But i would assume this has already been done, just stabbing around here.
Backed it in and out of the garage a couple times, hitting the bump from the driveway to garage floor, but haven't driven it yet. Like you said, they aren't gonna settle that much. and yes, they are the correct springs. Tomorrow, I'm gonna disconnect the sway bar, because I've read that can have an effect on lowered cars and also go for a long drive. If nothing happens, probably either get 280 rear hats or coilovers, eventually.

the bad thing is, I just threw away a set of 280 rear hats, because with the 280 tokico springs, it sat even, and I thought I didn't need them.

I think yours is pretty level. My 240 looked that way too. A level on the bottom of the rocker panel showed it was level. For purposes of looks I cut a 1/2 coil off the fronts to better match the wheel openings. Either that, or like you said you can raise the rear.

The reason the car looks that way now is because the front and rear wheel arches are not the same on a 240 even though they look the same.

do you have mixed and matched parts? what year strut isolators are you running and with what struts? maybe you bought the wrong springs for the parts you are running. I think I have the same springs as you got and my car has a nice rake to it:

perfil.jpg

I obviously have 280 isolators all the way around, but i think my springs were cut on the front...

-Oliver

with a level, the front does sit slightly higher.

First, I'm gonna drive it around a bit and recheck it.

Second, I'll disconnect the front sway bar and see if that makes a difference. I've read somewhere that it ca.

Third will be 280 rear hats.

not sure in the older cars, but newer cars have a rubber bump stop (kinda like a rubber hat that sits between the spring and shock) that requires cutting. if yours has that, you may need to trim a bit of it off.

if that was his case then he would have MUCH bigger problems.

bump stops wont set the ride height of the car.

mike