Eric

3.1 stroker

n42 block

n47 head {z head, not max} STOCK

crane 450 cam thing

n36 intake runners, STOCK

su carbs, sm needles

msa header

2.5 header back exhaust to a fart cannon.

msd ign, mallory coil, stock late 260/280 dizzy

unsure of compression, this got me 192 rwhp on a 100/91 octane mix, and 38 degrees of total advance.

oh, stock nissan air horns.

over the winter, im doing a tear down to see what c/r i have, unsure of piston type in the motor, severe head work, and more c/r

im going for at least a 75 rwhp gain. then bottle ontop of that

the only reason i got away with that timing was the fuel mix. i made changes here and there and came up with 192 rwhp after the 7th pull.

then backed it down to 35-36 degree's which came out to be about 182 and added some fuel to it for pump gas safety.

balls out 192 rwhp. pansie mode, anywhere between 170-180.

not quite the level you're at, but ya know. i found more fuel control tweeks here and there, and a few su tricks here and there that helped a ton

Just spotted this thread - also I noticed the question "does anyone sell the stroker under 2K?" Well I found this link today also.

wow under $1100 for new stroker kit

at the price I am sure a number of these will go?

Those guys are a bunch of real enthusiasts at Performance Nissan. I did a lot of business with them in my 350z days. Didn't realize they had branched to the earlier stuff too! I highly recommend them!

whats the size diff between the l28 and l24 rods? that stroker kit says it uses l24 rods.

L28 = 130.3mm C-2-C

L24 = 133mm C-2-C

L20et rods I believe are also 133mm C-2-C (this is what the Japanese use to build 3.1, I will know more when I pull my L20et to bids :) - some of the L20a also use 133mm C-2-C I believe) If you have not heard of a L20et don't worry it is a JDM engine that we also get here in NZ (shares a lot of parts with the L28et ie exhaust manifold, dizzy (some have a different model), oil pump, down pipe that is about it)

Cheers

Mike

ok. does the L28 disel crank provide a longer stroke than stock? that makes sence since it's in a stroker kit. cause i was thinkin, just get the l24 rods and the disel crank and save some bucks and get just a bit more power rather than addin the bore aswell. is that a good idea?

Yes and no. Its the kind of thing where you are upping your displacement by very few cc's. With the maybe 100cc's gained your talking about less than a 15hp gain. I think the regular l28 setup is about 2780 (estimate) and if you change the crank and rods it puts you at about 2850 (estimate). Do a search, someone on this site has a displacment calculator with tons of potential combinations that you can select rods, pistons, blocks, cam, etc.. Regardless, if you are going to take your whole engine apart to get a little bit more displacment you might as well get it bored out and go all the way to 3.0 or 3.1. But thats my oppinion, so take it as a grain of salt.