HybridZ

Firewall/battery tray fab Vol.2

BWRex

Thanks for the support and info fellas!I just saw Austin's progress on his Z,and I almost want to go back in the garage instead of typing!Anyway I'd thought I'd share some photos of my progress...2101023_13_full.jpg

Here's the template for the curved part of the engine compartment fenderwell,go figure!2101023_10_full.jpg

inside the engine compartment...

2101023_9_full.jpg

fenderwell,firewall,and subframe connector welded up with a nice and thick coat of 'rust bullet'2101023_11_full.jpg

shot from inside,with firewall,and floorpans patched and a thick steel pad for the future rollcage...2101023_12_full.jpg

one more shot of the floorpan patch,subframe connector,and rollcage pad.I think there's more 'rust bullet'on my hands than on the Z!Again thanks for the support Hybrids!Hopefully these photos will help someone that is in the middle of their project!

Thanks fellas!I"ve got an aluminium 20 gallon fuel cell from summit,and I was going to fab a recessed tray for the battery next to it.I didn't want to start cutting the rear of the car until I finished the firewall and the subframe connectors just for structural integrity.I was hoping for possibly some tips on the pros and cons on mounting the battery next to the cell.I was planning to use a battery box similar to the one on my speedboat,so inclosure is already in the master plan.I was also thinking of a smaller cell for space saving reasons,but if I lay it out right,I just might have the room for exaust.I've done hours of searches on cells,rear mounting of the battery,fuel pump location,etc.gobs of useful information.Anymore info including past threads would be greatly appreciated!The elusive question I'd still like to know is:Has anyone with a cell used the stock filler location?Any pics?Thanks Hybrids!