HybridZ

rear spring+shock removal

hi everyone. can the rear shocks and springs be removed wiithout removing the spindle and drive shaft? i FINALLY got the darn spindles out.... took me 2 hours of hammering, pulling, twisting... i have limited hand tools. and now the drive shaft bolts wont budge >

The easiest way to do rear springs and shocks is to disconnect the brake lines, the sway bar if there is one and the halfshafts. Then take the 3 nuts off the top of the strut tower and pull down on the strut. It will swing down and out of the fenderwell. You can then remove the springs and struts, replace and reinstall. Doesn't require spindle pin removal or driveshaft removal.

darn =( i shoulda asked earlier... saved me from buyin 2 new spindles... thnx for the info!

Well now that you've done all that work you should DEFINITELY replace the control arm bushings. It would be a real waste to get all the way in there and then not replace them.

I know http://www.suspension.com has a pretty good price on the rear control arm bushings from Energy Suspension. I understand that Summit Racing might actually have a lower price than suspension.com.