HybridZ

differential flange

Im almost done with my swap

I got the drivshaft back yesterday with the JTR flange on the back of it.

I put the drivsaft in and the holes didnt line up on the differential flange to the JTR flange.

What can i do to make the flanges fit?

Im almost done with my swap

I got the drivshaft back yesterday with the JTR flange on the back of it.

I put the drivsaft in and the holes didnt line up on the differential flange to the JTR flange.

What can i do to make the flanges fit?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=82276&highlight=differential+flange

Got this by doing a search using your thread title. I'm sure there are more here if you search for them...

Davy

I had the same problem(thats what that link that Davy posted is about). I dont know if a junk yard will sell just that flange since with out it the diff is useless. I think it cost me $30 to have mine modified so that it would fit. Just take the adapter and the diff flange to a machine shop and tell them to make it fit and they will. Its not a big deal for them since they have the machines to do it.

Guy

I had the same problem(thats what that link that Davy posted is about). I dont know if a junk yard will sell just that flange since with out it the diff is useless. I think it cost me $30 to have mine modified so that it would fit. Just take the adapter and the diff flange to a machine shop and tell them to make it fit and they will. Its not a big deal for them since they have the machines to do it.

Good advice from Guy---this is the absolute simplest way to do it if you don't have the opportunity to pick and choose your parts along the way. $30-$50 is paltry compared to the total cost of the swap. Just my $.02

Good luck.

Davy

JTR now carries three different driveshaft flanges to fit three different Z differentials.

2 with the 2 inch pilot, and one with the 2.25" pilot.

They aren't yet mentioned on the website, but if you purchased the wrong part for your vehicle, call Greg at JTR on the week day, and he will take care of it.

O I've encountered problems, just read the book and used the search bar like you guys say too.

It really gets frustrating when nothing works the first time.

I'll PM getz, but if that doesnt work ill ask a machine shop to do it

Thanks for all your help BTW

I kinda had a different problem. The pilot size was right but the bolt holes didn't quite line up right. I had a machine shop fix it no problem. Same shop that cut and balanced my driveshaft fixed it with no extra charge. Gotta love those machine shops.

mines square.

I went out to pull the nut off that holds the flange on and it wont budge

I tried everything

I used WD-40

tapped it with a hammer

and put a wrench on the socket handle

it just twists the mount.

Any suggestions

Big @$$ impact wrench and socket and about 125psi of air......

If that doesnt work or you dont have one..........

Put 2 long bolts into the diff flange bolt holes across from each other. Then put a pipe in between those bolts. Then put the biggest and longest breaker bar you have (and a pipe on the breaker bar if you have one) and you should be able to bust that nut loose. Before you take it off though you'll want to stake both the nut and the pinion(that the threaded part that the nut goes on), so that you know now far to tighten it back down when you put it back together.

Guy

Alright, now after that workout i got it off

the flange still doesnt pull out.

I have the chiltons manual, its unclear how to get it out.

Does anybody have any experience pulling it out

I thought it would pill out similar to the yolk in a transmission after the

nut was gone