HybridZ

awesome intercooler

260ZRED

Guest Battle Pope

it basically draws air in from the opening in the front bumper.

Not only does it place the filter right in the path of all the crap coming up from the road, it places it nice and low in case you feel like hydrolocking the crap out of your car.

Guest JAMIE T

I don't know... It actually has some good qualities to it. Look at the filter area, it's huge. It does have a shield to protect it from debris. The "Mash" airflow filter, whatever the hell that means is actually to protect your engine from hydrolocking. Your engine will draw air through that in the case of submersing your "intercooler".

Having said that, I would never own one, and it is total ricer goods. It will allow ricers to keep with their theme of faux BOV sounds, stick-on hood pins, and NOS button cigarette lighters

That's a pretty gay idea. The "better than stock" argument sucks, cuz for the same price you can get a REAL intake that's much better.

Now, I've tryed to get a car to suck up water... It HARD. Seriously though. Performance filters are very water resistant and the engine's force isn't strong enough to actually bring water through the intake (note, this was on a 175HP 4 banger, might be different with a 400HP v8).

Ahhhhh, They used that on HPTV!? Damn. I like that show.

I once saw a guy driving his Eclipse with a "mushroom type" (BTW those foam kind suck) air filter sticking out of a duct in his air damn, it had to be 5-6" from the ground and completely out in the atmosphere. Keep in mind I live in the Northwest and it does rain as much as they say!!

Isk