HybridZ

VICTORY!! She's Alive!

Time: 1:12 pm

Event: ...First time fire up baby

cranked over in about 1.5 seconds. The wonderful sound of open headers put one hell of a smile on my face! There is some tuneing to be done, however...SHE RUNS! I was breakin in the cam, but the engine died after about 5 min...fried battery. Wouldnt go even with the 200 amp jump start battery charger i hooked up...So walmart to the rescue. So about 30 min and $60 later, she fired up again and i ran her for about another 15 min before another glitch whitch took about 4 min to fix...the fired up again to finish the job. LOL the more i start her, the better she runs. Anyways, i think my cam is good and i can start tuning the carb. Drive shaft should be ready by the weekend...then i can drive her! Moving again...under her own power!?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Chevy 355 '69

Edelbrock Performer Air-Gap Intake Manifold

Holley Street Avenger 670 CFM four barrel carburetor

Edelbrock Victor Series Water Pump

Chevy bowtie angle heads 64cc

2.02 intake valve

1.60 Exhaust valve

Port and Polished heads

Motor bored .030 over, file cut rings

Keith Black Pistons 10:1

LT1 crank & rods (steel)

Balanced

1.6 Roller rockers for intake & exhaust

Hydraulic Lifters & 256 comp cam (110 lobe separation Extreme Energy)

Pete Jackson Gear Drive

Sanderson Headers

LS1 T56 tranny installed with the Wier bellhousing kit

Clutch Components:

SPEC Billet Aluminum 168-tooth flywheel (SPEC# SC86A)

SPEC Stage 3 Clutch (SPEC# SC203)

Im plannin on taking the same route that you did' date=' as far as gen I block, and t56,

Would you mind tellin how much you spent on everything between the tranny, and motor, bellhousing, and all..

thanks man, im still trying to add it all up.

How much is that flywheel (weight)[/quote']

any word on the price yet man?

I am at about $13K (not including the car). I get so much flack that "I could have bought a nice car for what i spent"...My responce: "Mine will go faster and look cooler!" Anyways, I also hunted for a while and got deals on some stuff. Also, i bought many tools which i didnt add up...maybe $1500 worth. So theres about where im at. i Still need a drive shaft and exhaust. But thats an adventure for next paycheck!

I am at about $13K (not including the car). I get so much flack that "I could have bought a nice car for what i spent"...My responce: "Mine will go faster and look cooler!" Anyways, I also hunted for a while and got deals on some stuff. Also, i bought many tools which i didnt add up...maybe $1500 worth. So theres about where im at. i Still need a drive shaft and exhaust. But thats an adventure for next paycheck!

Thanks for that scary figure, but thats not at all what i was askint

How much did you spend on the parts between the motor, and the tranny..

what i mean is, the bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, all that,

EVERYTHINg that fits between the tranny, and motor..

Thanks man.

Thanks man. ive never driving an aluminum flywheel car, i hear its quiet different. I will sell what i can come up with, cause i cant afford to spend quiet that much on the clutch, and flywheel.

Your site is VERY helpful, and has been bookmarked to help me when start the build. I found that price list too. Wow.

Thanks man.