HybridZ

"deceitful Datsun"

Phantom

That's the heading below a photo of my '77 280Z on page 15 of the November/December issue of 'Street Thunder' magazine.

It goes on to say:

"It's deceitful! What you see is not what you get. Pulling up next to Bill's 280Z at a stoplight could be dangerous. Considering the stock 2.8L straight-6 and 4-speed combo have been replaced with an '98 LS1/T56 combo, a quick run through a few gears may not play out as you had hoped. Bill outfitted the car with a host of suspension, brake, and drivetrain mods. and added leather interior and a 4-point roll bar as well. Bill's Z looks good and is fun for daily use which he says he does a lot of. Have fun Bill!"

http://www.streetmachineclub.com/document.asp?dID=9724

Here's the actual page on their website.

Score!:rockon::cheers:

BTW - It's the only non-Detroit iron car in the magazine.

What does this mean? The Z is old enough to muster some respect from the muscle car, because it's not seen as a "rice machine" and yet somehow the Z also gains respect from the import crowd as they see it as "kewl old school".

We got the best of both worlds ;)

Guest JAMIE T

Exactly. Elder sports car enthusiasts appreciate the car for what they did for sports car racing in America, and ricers like them becuase they could not beat it in Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero(PS2 game). When I was driving my ZG flared Z everyday, you should have seen the rubber necked ricers as I hammer by them.