HybridZ

Local Drag Strip in Japan (No Honda's racing there)

R0N

I was emailing a person in Japan for some stuff I wanted to buy. A few emails later I asked about the local drags there, here's his reply....

"Its in my garage here in japan, but it only takes about 4-5days to get it to

the west coast. Cool cars..yeah. At the local drags if you dont have 400-500hp you dont stand a chance. And then theres the 700-800hp street

driven GT-R's(race GT-R's are anywhere from 900-1200hp). And if you have a

honda.....forget about it."

Damm that's crazy!

i heard that in japan you have to get your car inspected everyyear, not just smogged, they can take you off the road, for body damage, smog, aftermarket, and a bunch of other nit picky things that you either have to fix or junk your ride. i know two people in japan that have to rebuild their cars from the suspension on up back to oem every year to pass that inspection, my buddy rolls a s14 out there with all kinds of boost and squeeze, and in the corner of his room is almost a whole car in boxes, and he has taken it apart and put it back together again at least five times, hey its just like anywhere, you have to find a way to do what you really want to do even if the odds are against you, if you have the heart to do it, you can do it.

I think it depends on how old your car is as to how often you need to get the shaken done.....I thought it was only once every two years...I could be wrong though, and yeah they can do you for having a smashed car. Funny thing is though, I see a fair few smashed cars around that are fixed up with Sticky Tape!! I kid you not...I pass this one parked Rx7 everyday, one day his front grill/bonnet/headlight was all smashed up, the next day he has stuck apiece of foam in the space where the headlight used to be, and in front of this foam he has attached a headlight! All bound up in Tape!!

I wish I had a digital camera....its soo funny

If you buy a honda in Japan because you want a fast performance race car....then well...your an idiot bonk.gif

Guest Anonymous

Ya know those inspections wouldn't be bad here in the states, not emissions, to much of that already, but just a cursory glance, yeah lights work, signals, oh hey did you know your entire bumper is hanging off a coat hanger back there?

Weird I'd agree to more 'big brother' laws but, man I've seen stuff so ghetto'ed it shouldn't be on the road, it doesn't just effect the driver, but everyone when his shrappnel of parts falls off his car, as a biker that ran into a driveshaft off a older buick I guess I may be a bit biased. (Totally saved it, but striped my drawers nearly).

Hope I didn't offend anyone, trust me much of my car is still semi-ghetto, but nothings hanging off or going to fall off.. I don't think I'll step on any toes though, I seem to recall a rather comical story about a member driving around with just a lounge chair or folding aluminum chair or something... Thats what keeps me coming back here. The COMEDY I tell ya, tough crowd, tap tap, hey is this thing on... :D

Regards,

Lone

Originally posted by kalium99:

If you buy a honda in Japan because you want a fast performance race car....then well...your an idiot bonk.gif

That's funny! I didn't know it was a different story over there. Thanks for sharing that 2thumbs.gif

Guest the_dj
Originally posted by kalium99:

So, what do they do? Ship them to America of course. :D

DJSS

well talking from experience the honda seen in japan is stero cars only. if you wanna race there is too many rwd cars out there to do anything.

as for the inspection thing. you can have a special inspection called konig.... it basically puts whatever mods you have done on the title... anbd thats what counts. if you dont have roll cage on your title or that you have a turbo and your car didnt come with one well you have to bring it back to whatever your title sayd you have. if not you can always go to the local shops that will except a generous donation and stamp your inspection card for ya... but dont expect them to actually fix anything. they might even charge you for oil or brakefluid on top of that and not even topoff your washer fluid . but your car is done rockon.gif