HybridZ

Mounting the griffin 26X19

Although there are a great number of related topics on mounting the radiator After searching I was not able to find an answer to my specific question.

Can you mount the Griffin 26X19 rad using the JTR radiator mounts?

Has anyone tried or currently using this set up?

Funny I was just out in the garage trying this very thing. I have the "newer" JTR rad mounts and a Griffin 24x19 rad. And the answer is NO! I think you could with the "older" JTR rad mount which was just the lower mount. The newer JTR mounts are more narrow. The lower mount might be usable but will need to me modified a bit. The newer top mount which mounts in the upper bolt holes will not work. The tanks on the Griffin rad are too big. I learned this the hard way. If you get the newer JTR mounts they should be used with their recommended radiator.

Making mounts for your Griffin won't be very hard at all. I really like the way JTR designed the mounts to be used with the stock mounting locations. Very smart. I will be making my own and try to use that design. Hope this helps.

I have one in my 240 but it is wider than the rail width. I had to cut notches in the rails and then have aluminum flanges welded on the side of the radiator to mount flush with the radiator opening. I also had a petcock tapped in as well. All for about $50. The next smaller Rad would have been an easier fit IMHO. If you have a 280 I think it should be fine width wise...

Terry

I have mounted a 26x19 rad. in a 240Z, I had to use a piece of roll bar tubing and had to hammer in the frame rails some to make it fit. It fit just snug and helped hold it in. I used some old rad. hose and spit it, wraped around the side tanks and it was a good fit. I made brackets out of alum. to hold the top. I have also put one in our 280Z and it fit without doing anything to the fram rails. I made a lower braket to hold the bottom and also the top.