HybridZ

Mixing Coil Lengths..... Bad Idea?

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Was Going To Order Some Qa-1 Coils For My Coilover Set And Was Looking For 8" Coil Lengths In 150/200 Setup (sr20 240z). Well They Don't Have Anything Lower Than 200lb Springs In 8". Would It Be Okay To Run A 10" 150 Front Spring With A 200lb 8" Rear Spring?

I'm Honestly Dumb When It Comes To Suspension Peices And I've Searched For The Past Week For This Answer... But All The Results Don't Really Cover This Question (unless My Search Words Are Not Right).

Thanks For Any And All Help,

Christian

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Ok....

Some More Questions:

Do I Have To Compensate With A Lower Coilover Sleeve Location For The Longer Springs?

Will Tokico Hp Cartridges Work With 150/200 Spring Rates Or Do I Have To Step Up To Illuminas? I Was Given A Set Of Hp Struts (hz3099 Front, Hz3013 Rear) So I Can Assemble My Coilovers (still Waiting For My Illuminas) And Was Debating On Cancelling My Illumina Order If These Hp Struts Will Work For Spirited Road Driving/open Road Racing.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Well Its More Of A Street/weekend Warrior So More Than 200lb Springs Would Be Too Harsh. I Plan On Having A Slight Front Rake But Other Than That I Hope To Make Everything Else Equal (3-3.5" From Ground To Frame Rail).

Thanks For The Help And Information Everyone, I Really Appreciate It.

Yes I am 99.9999% that the Hyperco will have the same problem everyone else has. Spring rate is based on the size of the wire and the number of coils, and you don't have too much room to play around when you already have the ID and length set.

Check with Ross to for the extra .0001%.