HybridZ

Looking for larger M/C for a Z. 1" or 1 1/16"?

I have fitted 94 'Vette calipers and rotors onto my '71 240Z. I intalled a 15/16" M/C but still need a bit more fluid travel. I know the Z32 uses a 1 1/16" master cylinder. It will not fit the Z. Does anyone know of a ZABCO-type cylinder that will fit a Z that is extra large? 1" or larger? Recommendations?

I'm going to try the wilwood master part number 260-7563. It's a 1 inch dual master. it look's like a very easy install. I may have to refit the fittings though, because it's a 3/16 thread and the Z's a 10 mm fitting, but I have the flaring tool to do it. Summit Racing has them for $111.00 .

I have fitted 94 'Vette calipers and rotors onto my '71 240Z. I intalled a 15/16" M/C but still need a bit more fluid travel. I know the Z32 uses a 1 1/16" master cylinder. It will not fit the Z. Does anyone know of a ZABCO-type cylinder that will fit a Z that is extra large? 1" or larger? Recommendations?

I bet you have air in the master, bleed from the side of the master, not just from the lines. Also, make sure your bleed nipples are on the top of the caliper.

SS lines will help too if not already in your install.

I'm going with MSA vented rotor kit, I hear it's going to be plenty, but your car should stop on a dime literally.

A 1" is large by most stantards in regards to caliper piston bores. What is the piston diameter(s) on these calipers? I cannot imagine them being larger than 1 3/4" each, which works fine with 15/16" (2 piston floating or 4 piston non-floating). Going too large will push more fluid, no doubt, but the mechanical/hydraulic leverage will be diminished as a result. If the pistons are smaller than mentioned above, then I'd definitly rethink the large bore MC and find out what the total piston area is (one side only for non-floaters) and use this as a reference.

Just incase you had trouble searching with ZABCO as the search term I am pretty sure it is NABCO. Also i would think 15/16 would be more then enough... But then again I wouldn't know, If you like the internal proportioning valve go with the z32 1 1/16 with a 83 booster, the down side is the booster won't bolt on with out mods.