HybridZ

Engine Update

240Z Turbo

Went to Dallas this week for a program meeting and took a few hours to visit Endyne to check on the progress of my engine. I had sent him my good head and a spare head to practice with various port configurations. Larry appeared to have finished 3 separate port configurations as well as combustion chamber modifications and valve seat configurations.

Current flow on intake port is 307cfm. I have given him permission to cut the head to check wall thickness to continue to develop the port. Shooting for 350cfm on the intake ports.

The exhaust ports were not as far along as the intake side. It was interesting to see some of the Honda stuff that he gets 380cfm on the intake ports and 320cfm on the exhaust ports. Ahhh, if only they had an I6 version of that motor!!!!

I am not in a huge rush as I want his thing to be done correctly with no expense spared so I can make an honest/reliable 750hp@wheels. Will keep you updated.

Guest JAMIE T

James, I know you and I aren't buddies. So, I'm not going to try and be chummy.

When he's flowing your head, is that with the "port extension" or injector section in place? When we flowed my head, it picked up CFM with it removed and we attributed it to the significant change in port shape that happens in that section of the intake tract.

At some point, I'll weld up that section and reshape it to continue the oval port out a new intake plenum. Not having the change from round port to oval port should be a huge help in flow and velocity.