HybridZ

Z32 300zxTT rear cradle into 240?

Brycey

hey guys

just wondering if this can be done. a complete rear cradle of a Z32TT with AWS ( i would like to eliminate the AWS if possible)into a 240z, is there much hassle in installing this into a 240z? does it just bolt right in with minimal fabrication or is it a bit of a mission? any help would be great, thanks guys

mmm i didnt think there would be much in it to stop the AWS, i was told you could just weild it up or something but i was interested in finding out if there were other methods, but also about the main installation of it, im already gettin the drive shaft modified as im installing a RB25 so thats not an issue, but for the actual bolt up for it, does anyone know if its just a direct bolt in, or if the CV's need modifying and if this whole plan will actually make any difference in the end?!?!?eheheh thanks guys

Done a search? This rear multi link suspension subframe topic has been discussed before, for one there is a Sydney based S30 with it done.

But doing it adds a heap of extra weight, at the back too which is not good either. Can't see the point in a S30 from an efficiency point of view.

Hi Brycey,

I spent 4 hrs with the guy in Sydney who has done this and he was very helpfull, he let me take lots of pics and explained how it was done.

I have also been and measured up the rear ends of r32, r33 Skyline and z32 as well and have lots of pics of these as well.

Maybe we should meet to talk about the options as it would probably take a lot of time to put it onto the forum?

I am looking to modify the s30 rear hubs to allow the rear hubs from an r33 skyline to bolt on and use the cv axles shortened and the short nose r200 diff with a custom cradle.

I am checking this out with my engineer at the moment to see what he thinks.

Rob