HybridZ

PSI for BFG drag radials?

Going to the track tonight (reaching for 11's w/T3!!!) Just wondering if anyone else is running the BFG 235/60/15 DR's and if so, what have you found to be a good PSI to start off with? The first and only time i ran them i used 24psi then dropped them to 22psi. Seemed ok but just wanted to see what others have found. Thanks.

I did alot of research a couple months ago on this topic and found 18psi is best. Just make sure if its cold out side to warm them up alittle better than normal. I ran them at 24psi:twak: and still loved them. But 18psi is suppose to be twice as good. :twisted: My turbo went out before I could launch with 18psi. I can't wait. Let us know what you run.

I run 235/60-15 B.F.G's on my 240Z and unless I drop them to like 12-14 psi they will not hook well. Don't know why but anything over 15 psi and my tires go up in smoke.

I get 1.60 to 1.70 60 ft.'s with them. Maybe the torque from my 385 sbc has something to do with traction issues!!

Mike

Thanks guys. It's going to be cool out tonight - high 30's - so i'll guess i'll start around 20psi and go from there. Best 60' i had with the ZX 5sp and the 3.54 was 1.96, when i ran the 12.4. I put lin-loc in recently so hopefully i can cut that down a little bit. I feel sorry for my clutch and the baby T3 :) I'll post results tonight or tomorrow.