HybridZ

R230 Swapper Question

cyrus

I think you can make it work. You need to raise the rear by re-drilling the mustache bar with higher and wider holes. You will likely need to notch the frame above the rear so it will fit. I also trimmed the lower control arm and added gussets on the corners to add to strength.

Where exactly are you saying the rear pictured is larger? The axle flanges look the same as the ones I have. Nevermind, I saw your picture post and the axle flanges are larger. I still think you can make it work, you may have to raise the rear 7/16" higher than I did, so you will need to notch the frame rail above to make it fit.

Since driveline-angle considerations would probably imply raising the front end of the differential if the rear end is raised, and possibly even raising the transmission crossmember, would it perhaps be more feasible to lower the A-arm pickup axis instead? This would require custom bracketry, but no changes to the unibody.