HybridZ

New video footage 10/28/2005

Well all I can say is the Super Charger Loves the cold air. Take a look at our website www.jnjdragracing.com. Our z-car/movies at the end of the page. We ran our 1st pass and decided not to video tape our loss, the little Z-car almost flipped over it was hooking so hard on the stock 200R suspension, 60 ft. times were the best of 1.34, our et was in the low low 6's in the 1/8, probably would of been the 5's if we had wheelie bars. Lossing time with the car picking up the wheels so so HIGH, First time I have ever seen a Z-car stock suspension lift the tires this high and live. I have seen this with full / sub frames but not a unibody with indepented suspension. Any way wanted to let every one know.

John

PS, where would be a good place to tie in wheelie bars on a stock z-car suspension? On a normal rearend I would weld the brace / flange to the rear end housing. There is not one on the Z-Car suspension....

You might be able to fabricate a mounting plate that uses the rear bumper strut attachment points. Of course, with the power you're putting down, I would want a cage and subframe connectors, or more of a true tube chassis car under me...I'm sure you've probably got all the cage/ subframe connectors and such. That is the only thing I'd be worried about... Puting that much force back through the unibody of the car. :shock:

You're picking that front end WAY THE HELL UP! :2thumbs: Never seen that on a stock suspesion Zcar... I'm impressed.

Mike

It does have a rollbar, but that's it. No subframe connectors, just the stock body. We will have to lift up and do a good inspection before we go again. I am glad my hook I welded under the front cross member was taller then the oil pan. It hit first and saved the headers and the oil pan when it came down both times.

Guest JAMIE T

Yeah, that is very impressive. Ahhh, the possibilities. This is the first Z I've seen that needed wheelie bars on the stock-ish IRS. I think you're paving new ground on the wheelie bar attachment. So, how much HP are you making again?

We are estimating it to about 750HP, using our time slips and with a HP calculator. Which means 650HO at the rear tires, so far. We did switch out the 3.90 gear ratio and installed a 3.54 ratio. This was the 1st time it had been to the track with this combo, also the cold weather. The super charger is overdriven 2-1 ratio, I have another pulley which would put it 8-1 ratio which is the most I can use with racing fuel before I have to switch to Alky. But the car has already exceeded our expectations on how much power it can handle and do not want to push it much further.