HybridZ

Oil galley end plug, where to buy??

Workinprogress

Hello all, I'm prepping my block for a rebuild, I'm about to remove the front and rear oil galley plugs to ensure the oil passages get very clean. Where can I get plugs that I can put in? (I know I have to tap the block) Are they just standard npt plugs or even set screw types? I think I'm just looking for flush mount plugs right? I'm using the "how to modify your L6 engine" book along with how to rebuild books.

Thanks,

" I had my machinist tap the crank and he broke 4 taps in it. Hard steel..."

Your machinest didnt have the slightest clue what he was doing obviosly. The crans are not hard on the counter weights. I just tapped on last week, with zero problems.

Well, Time doesnt make a difference. I know LOTS of 30 year experience machinest, and they dont know carbide from high speed.

Im just saying, if YOUR machinest breaks 4 TAPS in a block, something isnt right. But what the hay, what do I know, Ive only been a machinest for about 12 years, and Im only 21. Wait, can that be?????