HybridZ

Specs on stock size L28ET pistons?

Jersey

Seems my cousin has blown yet another stock cast piston with his T3/T4 so i think it's time to go forged. Just wondering if someone could tell me what specs i should give Ross for a set of stock size L28 forged. Thanks in advance. Recommendations are welcome as well. Not planning on stroking. Thanks in advance.

What do you wanna know? Bore=86mm. Compression distance= 38.1mm. Pin DIA=21mm, with a press fit in the rod, and floating in the piston. Top ring is 1.5mm and the second is 2mm wide. I cant remember off of the top of my head what the readial thickness is though.

I would say to get your cousin's detonation problem under control before changing to Forged Pistons.

The only difference will be when you blow the forged piston, it will cost more to replace.

Stock L28ET pistons are pretty durable, as a re stock head gaskets, when they start blowing, it means DETONATION about 99.99999% of the time...not weak parts.

Tony, i'm sending him to get his hearing checked. Hopefully they'll provide hime with 2 "miracle ear" hearing aids. lol. Took a spin with him the other night after we installed the LSD, we're cranking up an incline, loading up 4th and i start to hear the rattle can. I say "can't you hear that? Back out a little" Nope, he couldn't hear a thing! lol. Think i'll re-connect his knock sensor without him knowing :) Thanks.