HybridZ

smack talk

scottyMIz

well guys it kinda started over the winter but now that i have my car done andy and i have done alot for the who's faster thing this year.But as soon as he gets that big old heavy V8 finished we shall find out. ;) When we make the runs this year i'll have a friend taping it with a video camera and a mpeg camera to be able to show the winner(me tongue.gif ) so everyone can see who the loser is(andy :D )

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Wow, thats some serious smack talk, Andy are you going to take this stuff? :D

Regards,

Lone

Ps: See the chart on the unofficial track times, I don't believe thats a L6 on top of the chart.. ;)

Guest Zpeed

hehehe... love the smack...

i think a good OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOO is in order...

also regarding LONE's P.S which is so correct.. mmmm v8 vs l6 who will win...

But you did notice that there is a couple six's higher than most V8's. :D I have to say that i know a l6 wouldn't get to the top and if it did it would be one hell of a car.Nothing against V8's just V8's with nos to equal a real engine like the l28et 2thumbs.gif

Sorry I haven't replied earlier.

I've been too busy installing; Air Conditioning, 6 way adjustable power (heated) seats, all the OEM smog equipment (in case I ever decide to move to Cali.), and power windows. I figure when I get done with all this, you might not be so far behind. Well, at least at half track.

Still got a bit if wiring work to do before I fire her over. I was only able to find four spark plug wires, but that shouldn't be a problem until I encounter someone with a "real" motor. I can't promise this weekend, but I will have it together real soon. Also, to make things more "fair" by running on just the motor. I think I was able to run a 15.5 @ 85 mph out of her a while back. You got enough to back that up!?!?

Mark my words, by the end of the summer, the smack-ith will be lay-ith. And all those in the land of HydridZ will have video proof of who the "real" champion is (...let's just hope Ron doesn't drop by for a visit). Isn't it time for you to go? I think I hear your little girlie calling you in for dinner! ..oh wait, that's mine. Sorry, my bad.

:D

now putting in the secret weapon is what your gonna have to do cuz i know that old scrap under the hood can't even pull a 15 sec pass ;) I hope timz doesn't come either he will make us both look bad.I personally think you'd be better off bringing the econoline to the track it has more power than the old tired V8 does in the z.Looking forward to getting a ride on the boat it just looks fast(unlike your z) What's left to do to it ? I bet just one of those motors cost more than my whole car with every mod i have done :D You realize andy when you come up to run we are gonna be the only imports at the track.Well yours is half import half american but still and definately the only datsuns. smile.gif Oh ya i'm gonna run next weekend this one they aren't open so the weekend of the 6th a bunch of people are going.You are gonna need at least all eight cylinders and the nos to even leave the staging lanes.It's all in good fun tho cuz i can prolly say he will whoop my butt but it'll be fun.But watch out if you do i might just have to get some naaaawwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss. rockon.gif

How is a turbo 5.7L V-8 vs a turbo 2.8L L6 apples-to-apples?
I see your point. I was simply replying to his inference that it was somehow cheating to use a power adder (nitrous) one a sbc when he is using a power adder (turbo) on the L6. My school of thought is run what you brung! I dont care if its NOS, turbo or a blower. If your fast your fast. Didnt mean to step on you turbo guys toes.

"I bet just one of those motors cost more than my whole car."

Shiiiit, one REPAIR alone, costs more than both of our cars combined. That's one thing I'm not looking forward to taking over in that boat (once Pop's retires).

[/smack] Seriously speaking here, with your new turbo and fuel setup, it should be a good race against my motor. I'm not happy about this, but it should still be pretty good. I'll hopefully be able to add the Ram Air Box (or something similar, still deciding) before our little outing. Last time I went to Ubly, I was sucking A LOT of heat from under the hood. So, I still think there's more to bad had from the motor, than what I've ran before.

[smack]

Dude, step off the Econoline, man! That's the old lady's ride. Hell know no fury like a Soccer Mom scorned! Besides, after I'm done handing you your butt, we can watch the video of it in the Van! I've got three EXTRA bottle's of NAAAWS!

Want one?

Need TWO?

-A

lol it'll be good, are you gonna run slicks?If so i have to get mine mounted and the rear fixed before i throw parts out the back from the hard take offs.I plan to make a few runs on the street tires just to see what she will pull with it like i drive it everyday.I'll be cool to see some vid of me spanking you in the quarter on the econoline smile.gif Hey utvoltman99 i am a firm believer of run what you brung too i was just messin with him :D Everything is fair in a race even hair pullin and eye poking b_hand.gif if you can get close enuf :D But all joking aside andy has a very nice and fast car i am looking forward to seeing it run(i seen it sitting alot just not moving ;) ) I plan to put on new struts and lower the car too but if you need help andy with somethings you might not get done just let me know i'd be more than happy to help.

Hey Scotty,

Don't forget that Caseville is only about 30 minutes from Ubly... and Caseville is where I keep my Secret Weapon!!! And if I blow one up, there's always a spare! Of course, the old man won't be happy... but those are all just minor details.

P.S. Boat should be done by Friday. So after I'm done whooping your butt at the track, we can finally all go out for a boat ride and find someone else's butt to whoop!

see now thats what i like to see, and thats how the fast cars are made, competition, best of luck to the both of you, i would like to see how the turbo car runs someone video tape, next year i will be starting my turbo car, yup-but for now im a v8er and gotta stand on the other side of the bleachers-Go gettem Andy!

Guest Anonymous

Why, the V8 guy's didn't start this, they were happy going fast with they're old heavy low tech v8's before they got called out so to speak.. :D

Regards,

Lone

i have vid of my car from last year but i has alot more power this year.I have to do some tweaking tho like timing and bov and tires but all in all i'm hoping for mid 11's if i get that i'll be happy.Now anything lower or just getting that will make me REALLY happy.I like the turbo over the V8 cuz i still have drivability and power usually when you get a V8 set up to run fast it has crappy gas mileage.And i love the sound of the turbo hail.gif here is the link to the place where the vid is http://www.zhome.com/~aktar/zcar/scotty/

I always love it, when I hear people talking about how "old school" push rods and roots-type blowers are. Yet... when I turn on any NHRA event, what do I see? Hmmm. Then I walk down to the lake to watch Offshore boat racing. Again, what do I see? Hmmm.

Personally, I'm a little favored towards the old Group 2 Rally cars that were banned because too many people were getting killed per year. Something about a supercharged, turbocharged, four wheel drive 2200 lbs. tube frame driving through the woods that is a little "unsafe".

At this day and age, though, anything can be made fast. Look at all these 11 and 12 second (eigth mile) Honduh's. That is truly amazing! It's run what you brung, man! The street knows no handicap's! Who here thinks I can wedge a G.E. Gas Turbine under the hood of a Z?

P.S. Scotty is still going down!!!

Guest Anonymous

Haha, a GE Turbine, depends on the turbine, maybe one from a apache or something... :D That'd be cool, whatcha running, um, its stock... As a 10' afterburner blast jumps out the back of the car... Oh yeah, its running a bit rich.... lol... :D

"Man holmes, thats one big exhaust tip!" haha...

Regards,

Lone