HybridZ

It's been a while .. the GTO

chelle

MusPuppis - just the body mods, not counting making the aluminum work for the trunk or mechanical work, welding, RHD, etc, I would guess about 250 hours :)

ZHeadV8- Joe Alphabet's Alpha1 molds were sold... the GTORR site has a good history on what is out there. . .

RaysirX- thanx... part of my perennial lateness is work related, and part is, unfortunately, my nature.. there are a bunch of pics here showing the test fitting of, well, everything..

http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/

just click the links :)

tfreer85- thanx :) I'll try and get some more pics posted from home soon..

I have the Thunder Ranch kit. The front end is exactly the same, the raar slightly Different.

Your car looks great however it's not exactly the same. (nice color btw :) ) Thunder ranch makes a nice product however I do take issue with something pretty much out of the box being described as "exactly the same" or even only "slightly different" than what I spent a couple hundred hours modifying to meet my needs.

This isn't a flame, but just an honest look at the two cars.. I made a lot of mods to our front end including adding length to it, adding the radiator access door, adding the 3 vents under the grill opening, making the hood opening smaller and more tapered, making the side vents functional, grille opening is taller on your car, and we added the vents to the back of the hood.

My vents behind the doors are metal, fabricated by me, and functional, your car has a hatchback, ours has a trunk, the vents behind the rear wheels are different, yours are more correctly shaped but not opened up or functional, ours are larger and functional. Our rear fenders flare out further, the gas filler is moved to the correct location and finally the taillight panel on your car is flat across the bottom whereas ours is more rounded like the original.

Here are some side by side images to compare those points.

after the side by side shots are a couple showing the before and after mods to the nose before it went to paint.

Chelle

GTOsidebyside1.jpg

GTOsidebyside2.jpg

beforenafter1.jpg

beforenafter2.jpg

oops... my mistake, sorry

I do think Tom McBurnie's front is a lot more accurate than the original Alpha1's.. I think I read that the McBurnie parts were Alpha1 parts that he did a great deal of work to refine.. I wasn't trying to say our car is better, just making sure I vented that it's different :)

Chelle

Guest Alpha 1

Chelle:

This is Tom from North Carolina that bought those parts. I really glad with the progress you have made with your car, looks great!

Let me know how to contact you regarding thoose addtional items.

Thank you

Tom

Heya Tom,

Thanx!!

If you still have my cell number give me a call or e-mail me sysadmin@corecomm.net and give me your # and/or shipping address.

I get around 1000 e-mails a day so I have to purge older stuff oftem and just can't find your info :(

I have this big box of wiring from a 1977 280z as well as two huge inner fenders and the bracket that the grill emblem mounts to.

Chelle

• 2 weeks later...

Chelle,

Nice car. I am a big fan of the GTO. You have done a great job on yours. I like the added touches and details that give it an authentic look from the longer nose to the added trunk. You have really taken your GTO to the next level. I would love to see it some time. I also live in 'Chicagoland'.

You mentioned that you may get larger wheels and tires for it. What size are the current wheels? I am looking for real knock off wire wheels for my 280Z convertible. Do you have any interest in selling them if you do up grade?

Thanks, JB

Sent you an email...........still have not heard from you.

I really have been patient but starting to wonder whats going on again?

please email me at tomt0220@aol.com

Tom

I got your e-mail Tom, you were just sending me the address so I didn't think I needed to reply back to it.. I asked for the address so I could send you miscellaneous parts, some of which I should have sent to you by now and some were never discussed before, which I'm just giving you for free. Sorry I didn't think you needed a response right back saying I got the address.

I have a large box of stuff for you and am still sorting through boxes seeing what else I can add that you might like. Everything I send to you gives me that much more room here (we went from 3 garages and a storage unit to a one car garage and two storage units)

Chelle

• 1 month later...
Guest Alpha 1

I have tried to email you a couple of occasions and no repsonse. Please contact me as soon as possible. I am anxious to hear from you so I can obtain thoose items.

Last post was over a month ago now.

Tom

tomt0220@aol.com

• 1 month later...
Guest Alpha 1

If anyone knows how to get a hold of Chelle. I really need to get in touch with her about the parts she was supposed to send me. I have been patiently waiting for her to respond and nothing.

Not sure what the problem is be really would like to resolve this soon. The empty promises are getting me pretty steamed.....