HybridZ

To the people using Coil packs...

CarJway

Well I have finally gotten around to put my Turbo Z together. I am running SDS em-4f and need to get rid of the distributor. (since it will serve no purpose) So what I am asking is what did you guys do about the shaft coming from the oil pump to the bottom of the distributor? It seems to be a little loose since there is no support at the top of the shaft now. I know it slides through that little alignment hole towards the top of the front cover, but is that enough? I was thinking of a bushing or something along those lines. Any imput on this would greatly helpful! thanks...

I have looked into this topic myself in preperation for a new system. I will be running the crank trigger setup, so the distributor is not needed.

So what I did was to remove the spot in the cover for the distributor, molede the cover and welded the hole shut.

Then, and here is the cool part, order, or get from a junk yard a LD28 drive gear for the oil pump. That will work very well, and you can totally remove the distributor mounting from the cover all together.

Then, and here is the cool part, order, or get from a junk yard a LD28 drive gear for the oil pump. That will work very well, and you can totally remove the distributor mounting from the cover all together.

What's the difference between an LD28 drive spindle and a standard one which has had the shaft cut off just above the front cover bearing surface area?

Ok, looked at the thread (thanks Preith) and pretty much just cut the shaft where it starts to taper down. But as far as getting the Shaft for a LD28, where could I possible get one. I go to the local Junk Yards often to look for Z's and Maxima's but can not get my hands on them. And if I do, there is usually nothing usable left. Thanks a lot for helping me out. But I guess I am going to do cut it up and throw it back in...

Yeah, it's a real killer taking 5 min of ones time to cut the other one.

But if you have three donor LD28's sitting in your shed, you start to wonder about whacking off the shaft of a drive with a perfectly good drive tang, now wouldn't ya?

I would probably use a lathe to part it off nicely anyway, so it might take me more than 5 minutes, also...