HybridZ

z31 front into 280zx???

Z-Monster

hi everyone.. i'm wondering if it is possible to switch out all the panels from the fire wall forwards to the pop up lights from the z31 to the 280zx.... i ask this because it is mipossible to find body parts for my car a 1980 280zx but it is still not impossible to find a front clip of a z31. i'm affraid that one day when a drift goes wrong my car will never look whole again...i'm taking about a straight up bolt on... i seriously doubt it coz i have compared the two and it looks like the nose has to be choppped off and wellded

well, i've been parked next to a few Z31s, and they're quite a bit shorter. The hight of the body at the firewall would be the main problem, it's gotta be several inches lower. You might end up having to do extensive work just so it fits.

If you really want to drift safe, get a FULL intergrated cage on the entire car, so you don't have to worry about warping the chassis too much, then just get good at body repair ;)

Bottom line is that in drifting you WILL hit something eventually, it's just a question of when. Maybe you'll be luck for a year, maybe ten, but it WILL happen. Even the pros wreak and hit walls and cars. If you're gonna drift on the edge, you're bound to hit it eventually.

(all that said, I love to drift in my 280zx 8) )

thanx gollum..thanx for the input... that means the answer is no!!! and to stop drifting for me that is.... as much as i love to do it.. i love my car more and i cant afford to smash it...:( still i would like to take it to the track again soon to clock my fastest time soon with new poly bushings and better tires i am ready. well.... have to see if other neighbouring countries are still stocking parts for z-monster...:confused2