HybridZ

Electronic ignition Question...

Jonas240z

Jump the ballast. Just run a wire from one side to the other. That defeats it and if you do have other wires plugged in there you don't have to re-route anything.

I got hit by my system with and without the ballast resistor. The one with the ballast was uncomfortable. The one without HURT. The ballast is there to reduce the voltage to the coil to save the points from frying. The more voltage to the coil the hotter the spark. The only thing to be concerned with is that original coil is only meant for 8V or whatever that system runs, so if you still have a stock coil you'll burn it up. Get a modern 12V coil from Crane or MSD or whoever. You won't be sorry you did.

So do i just connect the two ends that go to the ballast together and take the ballast off right? If you're right this little mod should make the most out off the PS60, megnacor wires, and the NGK plugs.The crane PS60 coil should be good enough correct? Thanks for all the help!!