HybridZ

Just iherited a new car today! Well new to me

violacleff

Well, after working for 2 months and not getting paid, I told my boss that I had to go back to the IE and work until things got going at the studio again.

So, today I get a call from him, and he tells me that since he couldnt afford to pay me right now, he'd like to know if I would take his car in exchange for money. I figured I could use a second car since my z is temperamental, and the fumes make me not want to drive it everyday anyway. So I'm picking it up in a few weeks. Its a 1985 BitterSC coupe. Only about 250 of them in the US. I'll shoot some pics of mine but here are some examples.

mysc1.jpg

Bitter-1sm-05410.jpg

http://www.motorsnippets.com/cars/H&H_24_JUL_02/lot10_bitter.asp

Mine is red like the second link. WHat do you guys think? Keeper? or sell it and get another beater?

I always liked the look of them, but since there are so few in the US, it is difficult to peg a value for them. My guess is that being British, they probably have depreciation rates similar to Jaguar, but hopefully not!

If yours is a clean example, I'd personally hang on to it, but that is up to you. Hey, it's a whole lot better than not getting paid!!

Davy

Yeah I had to get a second car to get around in anyway. I'll get a compression test done on the car and if everything checks out good i'll keep it. Just don't want another "project". I drove it for 2 months though and it drives smooth. So its gonna be a daily driver for sure.

Yeah I had to get a second car to get around in anyway. I'll get a compression test done on the car and if everything checks out good i'll keep it. Just don't want another "project". I drove it for 2 months though and it drives smooth. So its gonna be a daily driver for sure.

They come with a Rover V8 or something like that, correct? If so, it should be a good car. If it eventually becomes a third car, a turbocharged LS2 swap could be in order...mighty fun then.

Still, the car looks like a Ferrari and as I remember them they were very posh rides. Glad to hear you are keeping it.

Davy

Yes they are. The car is built on the platform of an opel senator. Actually I rather have cash. I'll most likely sell the car, as I really need something like a honda, nissan, toyota etc. I don't want to end up with another money pit. Not sure how hard it would be to sell it though. Def would make a cool hybrid. I'm thinking sr20 with a t66 LOL!

Hmmm, I just think I corrected myself: all the Bitter clubs seem to be German. Opel is made in Germany, soooo I think this is actually a 'hand built' German car. I like it. The more I read about it, the cooler it is, but it is lacking in the power dept.

David K is correct in saying that the prices of parts seem to be reasonable. The Bitter prototype cars look pretty cool too.

Davy