HybridZ

Finaly got some numbers for my car...

Dragonfly

I know that I have been waiting a long time to get some real numbers on my car and I believe a couple of people on here have been waiting as well.

The dyno informed me that I have a peak hp of 166.6 and a peak tq. of 169.2, since I don't have the chart in front of me I don't recall the rpms for the above numbers but what I do remember is that my torque was 157 at 2k rpm and climbed to 169 in the 6k rpm range. The numbers where a little lower than I had hoped for but the owner of the dyno shop was blown away by my torque curve and my surprisingly flat hp curve.

I also raced my car in the 1/8 on Friday night (dyno was Sat. morning) and my best time of the night was 9.42 with a 2.1 sec 60'. I think I may have to go to a taller rear diff because I just can not get traction of the line, most of my 60' times are in the 2.3 to 2.4 second range.

On the plus side of everything I learned that many of the spectators think my car is a V8 and I am starting to gain a reputation as someone to look out for.

I would realy appreciate some comments suggestions etc. from the others on here with regaurds to what I have and what can be done to improve my times.

Thanks

Dragonfly

That's a solid mid 14 second 1/4 mile. Some sticky tires (*cough...drag radials...cough*) should help your 60' and your spinning through the lower gears. My best of a dozen or so runs w/ the 73 L28 n/a 240z had 9.581 1/8th at 74.15 and 1/4 of 14.862 at 92.44 w/ a 2.215 60'. Your 1/8th is quicker than mine by .16, so that should give you the 1/4 mile at around 14.62 or so. That is very respectable... 2thumbs.gif