HybridZ

Garage heater ?s

JMortensen

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I should report back. I did end up with the Big Buddy heater. Works well so far, although the suggestion that wheelman made that the pilot blows out easily is true. The slightest breeze takes it out, which isn't so much of a problem for use inside the garage. Fire it up and in about an hour the coat comes off. Still not balmy in there, but workable condition, which is really what I was after. The inherent leakiness of the garage works to my advantage in that the propane exhaust is not overwhelming. I spent 4 hours out there yesterday (finally did the first spin on the rotisserie, WOOHOO!) and wasn't phased by the exhaust at all. In retrospect I think the heater that preith had suggested might have been a bit more convenient to use as I'm already needing to refill the little 1 lb propane bottles, but would have required a little more installation than I wanted, plus the warnings about the 20 lb propane tanks that all of the heater manufacturers have on their websites are just are a little frightening.

• 2 years later...
Guest mtcone

4. Anyone suggest anything better for a garage heater with minimal space (600 ft sq) and no gas plumbed to it?

If you would like to know exactly what size heater you will need for your garage, you should use this Garage Heater Calculator. It is the easiest way to figure out what you need.