HybridZ

Fuel Cell inlets!

Guest MistaFosta

Guest MistaFosta

Where does everyone have the fill hole for there fuel cells? Is it in the car, or did you use the old filler? Curious...puttin a cell in my 240 very soon. Worried that NHRA has a rule about the cell opening inside of the car...Any info would be great!

Guest RON JONES

My fuel cell is completely covered with with aluminum.I have a trap door for access to the filler cap.this is NHRA legal.the filler cap has to be separated from the driver compartment to be legal.I'll send you a pic.

[This message has been edited by RON JONES (edited January 29, 2001).]

Heh, Mike I guess I shold've mentioned that I have one of those 45degree fillers here as a spare huh? I wanted to put my cell in to fill from the rear but with the middle fill it just weasn't going to work. So...

My tank is mounted flush with the rear deck. The aluminum covering it is sealed and there's a little "house" over the fill with a trap door in it. This keeps the cell up off the ground and (hopefully) still conforms to the NHRA rulings about having the fill outside the car. smile.gif I'll try to find as pic to put up if anyone is really interested in this setup. The most aggravating thin so far has been the rollover valve. This is a Triangle tank and everyone sells a rollover valve (nice one!) right next to these tanks in the listings - mine does NOT fit! I still don't know what size fitting the top of my damned tank has...

My cell inlet is hooked up to the factory 1/4 panel hole and door setup.

------------------

The only stupid question is one you wanted to ask but never did!!!

Drewz