HybridZ

brake feel is not what i want... help!

An empty mayo jar and a 2' piece of clear tubing work just as well and allow you to see the bubble and dirty fluid as it comes out of the caliper. The advantage of the empty jar with a lid is you can store it on a shelf between bleed jobs and the whole mess goes in trash once the jar is full.

Don't understand why anyone needs speed bleeders to make bleeding brakes a one man job but hey' date=' given the number of threads on bleeding brakes it must be more difficult for some than others.[/quote']

:lol: Attach tube to bleeder. Stick other end of tube in bottle with brake fluid in bottom. Make sure tube is under surface of fluid. Pump until bubbles stop, fluid coming through turns clean. Stop pumping. Tighten bleeder. Done.

I've bottle bled before, it is the pressure bleeding I was interested in Pop. Just figured it would force the air out quicker when you completely drain the system. It just seems to me that when you bleed the regular way, with helper, bottle or speed bleeders (never used em) that it takes forever to work all the air out.

the pressure bleeding kits are CHEAP! like 30$....it is the same idea...garden sprayer...

They use a cap to fit over your MC reservoir and feed brake fluid under slight pressure into the reservoir and through the system...

They have a tube that sicks down into the cup.. so that you can fill it halfway and the bleeder will not overflow the reservoir...

I use a plastic or glass jar as a catch container, Pop. The speed bleeders, acting as a check valve, allow for a quicker bleed, that's all. Using the stock bleed screw works fine but it does allow a small amount of old fluid to be drawn back into the line each time the pedal is released. Eventually, you'll get there regardless of the bleed screw you choose. As for the bleeders that pressurize the MC, you are pushing fluid down in that process. Air only travels upwards freely. My method helps reduce the air being finely dispersed in the fluid and bleeds the MC properly too. I've used both and prefer my bottom to top method.