HybridZ

Ok guys, is a GT-40 turbo to big?

Jwink25

I need a new turbo for my zcar and found what I think is a good deal on a turbo. It is a GT-40. I plan on making 400ish HP. I will be using a custom intake and a 60mm to maybe a 65mm TB. Also, plans are for a mild turbo cam. I'll be running MS as well and injectors that can handle 400ish HP.

So...is the GT-40 overkill? Anyone running one of these? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jason

Surge is the reversal of flow through a dynamic compressor, done when the minimum flow for the pressure the unit is operating at is exceeded.

It can snap off blades, hammer bearings into dust, and generally ruin a day really quickly.

When it happens severely and repeatedly in large industrial compressors, you get on the horn while it's coasting down after the vibration shutdown. All you can do is listen while you hear the parts rattling around tearing each other up until it finally stops. This can be the longest set of minutes in your life if you're the startup engineer and everybody wants to know what went wrong... LOL