HybridZ

general ls"x" swaps ??

1. anyone have a/c or heat??? if so what components are u using??? chevy's? nissans? aftermarket?

2. what type of wiring harness are being used??? painless?? stock chevy???

3. what type of clutch system is being used??? hydraulic??? cable???

i'm slowly gathering parts and information for my ls1 in a z32 swap and have a guy who's gonna build me custom mount and mount the motor and tranny for me...i'm prob gonna do the rest by myself...

1. anyone have a/c or heat??? if so what components are u using??? chevy's? nissans? aftermarket?

2. what type of wiring harness are being used??? painless?? stock chevy???

3. what type of clutch system is being used??? hydraulic??? cable???

i'm slowly gathering parts and information for my ls1 in a z32 swap and have a guy who's gonna build me custom mount and mount the motor and tranny for me...i'm prob gonna do the rest by myself...

One question mark signifies a question is being asked. Several question marks mean you're frantically pounding your keyboard and haven't done any indepth research or put any thought into anything.

1. Several have installed the AC and heat. GM AC compressor, Nissan heating core.

2. The harness depends on what you have to work with. If the donor harness is good, use it. If it's not, purchase a Painless.

3. Your preference, but I would stick to hydraulic.

Just search next time. I know you didn't because I have a post about these items in greater detail.

i did search...i wouldn't say i've read every thread with ls1 z32 in it...i've mainly read krazeezx and adlashwa's thread...i've also read one where i think it was u and some other guy arguing...

You will need to read all of the posts for LS1 motors, not just the ones into Z32's. Very few Z32 LS1 swaps compared to S30 swaps.

I have heat and A/C. Factory Nissan heat and mixed GM and Nissan A/C. I used the harness from Speartech. The painless harness requires that you use the Computer from a 1998 car.

Hydraulic clutch too.

I searched "LS1 Z32."

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=100382&highlight=ls1+z32

Here is the rest of them:

http://forums.hybridz.org/search.php?searchid=266467

It will answer a bunch of questions you're going to have. Best of luck' date=' and all.[/quote']

redline...i appreciate u showing me the thread in particular...i do recall reading the first one u posted...didn't realize it was u...but in that you also ask what you should do...and i don't recall u ever coming back stating what u've actually done...i'll go back and read it...and ls1 z32 is wat i've searched...like i said...i've read alot of those thread...and qwik240 does make sense...i should read more bout other ls1 swap too...i'm sure it will be very informative...how long has ur ls1 z32 been on the road??? any major roadblock???

redline...i appreciate u showing me the thread in particular...i do recall reading the first one u posted...didn't realize it was u...but in that you also ask what you should do...and i don't recall u ever coming back stating what u've actually done...i'll go back and read it...and ls1 z32 is wat i've searched...like i said...i've read alot of those thread...and qwik240 does make sense...i should read more bout other ls1 swap too...i'm sure it will be very informative...how long has ur ls1 z32 been on the road??? any major roadblock???

Mine won't be road bound for a little while. Most of the major systems have been finished, though. Clutch, AC, gauges, etc. Mine is simply waiting on the funds to finish the TT project. (Injectors, fuel pump, wastegates, BOVs, piping)

Don't take things so offensively. When you ask a question, don't use a thousand ?s and keep the run-ons to a minimum. Makes things easier to understand and people will think better of you, rather than think you haven't done any research at all. If you have any specifics, PM me and I'll help with what I can.

Mine won't be road bound for a little while. Most of the major systems have been finished' date=' though. Clutch, AC, gauges, etc. Mine is simply waiting on the funds to finish the TT project. (Injectors, fuel pump, wastegates, BOVs, piping)

Don't take things so offensively. When you ask a question, don't use a thousand ?s and keep the run-ons to a minimum. Makes things easier to understand and people will think better of you, rather than think you haven't done any research at all. If you have any specifics, PM me and I'll help with what I can.[/quote']

well to be honest...initially i did feel that u were being a dick...but i thought nothing of it shortly after becuz i thought to myself maybe it's just how i read it or what not...as for the "..." or "???" that is how i type on forum...i end everything with 3 of everything...i don't know why it's just a habit...and you knoe how old habit are hard to break...and i do understand it gets annoying and old if everyone come on here and ask simple questions that a lil effort would have solved...but what i've found is there was alot of question and suggestions...after that there's no "follow up" as to what was actually done...so it's kinda tuff to know exactly what has been done...

as for me...i got a 1994 nissan 300zx 2+2...i just got the keys to the doors and hatch made...changed out the ignition switch becuz previous owner broke it...hatch windshield is broken...dent on the rooftop...slowly taking all the interiors apart to get it ready for paint...rite now it's yellowish white...will get it painted daytona blue in january...then save money for motor and tranny and all other necessary accessories...got a customize mechanic lined up to design and weld the custom mount for me...

That's awesome that you've gotten it all squared away. I think I remember you posting on 3ZC about the car.

One suggestion I might make' date=' get the motor installed and squared away before the paint. You'll thank yourself later on.[/quote']

the motor b4 the paint??? but how would i (the painter) get all of the engine bay???just painting the fender and leave the engine bay is hella tacky...

You install the mounts and motor, and have the car running. Disassemble, load up, take to paintshop. If you don't have this option, obviously you can't, but this covers all the scratches, mounts, etc from the installation, and all you have to do is drop everything back in and hook it up.

not a bad idea...that is if i had all the stuff in hand...the paint job will be part of a group deal with 3 cars painted which i can cover...the motor and labor is cost roughly 6-8k together...that is gonna take me some time to save up for...but what u say makes sense...i've thought of it b4...but this paint deal is a very good price i'm getting at...and the dood's job seem very very excellent...and it's one of those group deal "now if not cost u more if u come back later" type shiet...