HybridZ

280YZ One-Piece Front Getting There

speeder

Frontbuild1.JPG

Frontbuild2.JPG

Frontbuild3.JPG

Sometime in the next couple days I'll mount this on the car and start adapting the front side panels and cheek panels.

Hinges are built and headlight mounting panels are made-

Installing headlight buckets was a biatch. I'm going to stop making estimates for when this will be finished - It's a much bigger job than it looked. I'll just keep working on it until done.

Looks great! I was wondering how that would look with the front YZ. I am going to do the GNose and have those buckets fabbed in straight from Reaction. Ill still have to decide how to finish the bottom... I got the SS hood from 280Zone so Ill use that for the hood. I also want to use the ZX spyder fender vents...Ideas...Ideas..Ofcoarse the rear YZ will also be used....

Terry

Thanks guys - I'll take some pictures of the front sitting on the car tomorrow - The old digital camera had a tendency to squash and otherwise distort dimensions - I'll take my new camera (early Christmas present) next time. It will start to look better when the body's all in one color - That will be a milestone when we start priming.

The hood does look shorter in real life because of its width, and I trimmed the air dam to install it several inches back to reinforce the stubby mutated Z look. I was really set on getting the stock buckets integrated so it would still look like a Z.

I have the Reaction Research backward facing scoops to go in the small cutouts in the hood, and will put the ZX Spyder louvered vent panels in the lower front fender sides. This is starting to be a showcase for John Washington's inventory.:)

I think the G-nose would be do-able with about the same effort.

Nice progress Rick,

I knew the headlight buckets were going to be harder than you thought at first. I considered fitting them to the YZ fronts when I did my car. The more I futzed with them the more depressed I got. I ended up using the SubtleZ fronts to save labor.

Good move pulling in the airdam. Noticed that right off. Looks much better than the "fat lip" racer look.

looks really nice!

sounds as a good idea to make more "failing" timeplans for you car, "been there done that".... after a few "failed" timeplans you just stop making them and start focus (even more) on getting it done nicely!

are you going to use bucket covers aswell or leave the buckets open?