HybridZ

complete tubular frames

Guest nick_25

Yes, with enough fabbing this could indeed be made to work, but one has to wonder whether the work necessary to fit this to Z body lines is worthwhile - or whether it's easier to just start with a pile of tubes and make your own "kit". When I last looked into this, there was nothing available for the Z; the closest fit was the Vega/Pinto kit.

Guest nick_25

yea, true that, i would rather start from scratch than have to find a way to mod it to the Z body, its kina like in stereo installation when someone brings you there system and says something ins't working and you have to try and work your way threw the stabockel of wiring anf think to your self, "how in the hell was this working in the first place, half of the crapp i have seen defies the laws of physics:shock:

Tubbing a Z is not a hugely popular mod. The handful of people who have done it are one offs, hand built exercises. IMO the mod is not for the faint of heart. There is enough info on this site to give you ideas, and of course most of the guys who have done it will answer questions. But any way you look at it it will involve some trial and error on your part. If you are looking for an easy solution, then I would consider a professional shop.

Guest nick_25

well, i'm really not to worried about it cause i am having my boss do pretty much all the fabbing, (old school hot rodder), he has built tons of dragsters and built about 5 400SBC's with no problems out of them ever, kinda a trade, i do all his stereo crapp, and he does all the drag car crapp...lol