HybridZ

These look like 15x8's?

Guest iskone

I don't know the size of the wheels on my Z but I'm pretty sure they are 8's. I have 195/50/15 bfg's on there. So that should be 7.5" of tread nad the tread looks a little bit narrower than the lip.

What do you guys think?

Isk

Hell Yeah I need 295's!!!! But I'm thinking of turning my 240 (once repaired) into a track car and want to focus on learning how to race the car before I take on any serious mods. If I go through with the track car thing.

Isk

if you ever take the tire off then measure it.

prob a 8in wide wheel if the 195 is streched abit.

my enkei 92's are 15x8 and rear 15x8.5.. found that out when i put the new bfg's on them.

like the wheels though!

mike

Oh yeah the BFG's bite!!!! As in Suck!!!

That's why I'm not going to get new wide wheels. My plan is to get some stickier tires on the car, possibly 245's then learn to drive.

I say possibly because my tires rub in the rear under compression. The rubbing could be because it looks like the rear wheels are pushed out with spacers. I'm thinking this for 2 reasons.

1) I have 2 different size spacers that came with the car but I only have 2 of each.

2) The rear tires look pushed out more on my 240 then on my 280. That could be because my 240 is way low, much lower then my 280. Being so low could be the cause of all the rubbing.

BTW. I'm really motivated to fix the 240 these days. I think that this weekend I'm cutting off the part of the fender that rubs and if there is a break in the rain I'll take her around the block to see how she tracks.

Isk

my bfg's are pretty good' date=' i dont have like radial t/a's lol.

mike[/quote']

Those tires came with the car :redface:

They were on my list, but then you can see what happened.

Isk

I have crappy BFG Euro t/a's now. They don't even make them anymore.

When I was going to drive on the street I was planning on Proxes RA1's (225) but now I need to figure out the class I would compete in. I think it would be street prepared but I may have too many mods to the engine and chassis. Maybe Kumho V700's(225). As far as an all out track tire I'd have to read some more, but I could go with 245's like I want.

Isk

245's can fit but will have a blown look to them on that wheel..

im trying to see if my 225 Avon R slicks will fit on my 15x6 scion wheels so i can use them as auto cross tires.

i have 235's BFG drag radials on my 15x6.5 swastica wheels i cant see why we wouldnt beable to fit either of our tires on our wheels

mike

If you're looking at autox you're beyond SP. Maybe in one of the more open SP classes like SM2, or if they have it Open SP. Otherwise you'll be a very underprepared FP car, like I was for the last 5 seasons I autoxed. Nothing wrong with that, you just won't win your class. You might want to just go in as B/SP and see what happens. Nobody is likely to take issue with you until you start winning the class, which would be REALLY hard in B/SP.

I don't really care if they look blwon. I don't need them rolling on the sidewalls and wearing them out though.

I've heard of some guys using the BFG Drag's at the autox but I've never heard from the guy who does. Do you use yours at any autox events?

Isk

my money is on 7 inch...since an 8 inch with the apparent offset displayed on your front wheel is inside the fender lip. Tire/wheel/fender is fairly well matched in apppearance spacing..Gee you did not have to go to all that trouble in peeling back that fender to show the tread width. Was the fende "peel" back professionally done or did you do it yourself ?

my money is on 7 inch...since an 8 inch with the apparent offset displayed on your front wheel is inside the fender lip. Tire/wheel/fender is fairly well matched in apppearance spacing..Gee you did not have to go to all that trouble in peeling back that fender to show the tread width. Was the fende "peel" back professionally done or did you do it yourself ?

Oh, I payed a pro $2k for the custom work. He's gonna make some molds in the summer if your interested.

Isk

I am pretty good at my own peels but I maybe interested because I never can get the sides to match perfectly.... I have cross lace Dayton wires for my 250 GTO project in 15X8. Apparently 215's or better will work with an 8 inch wheel. I have 10X15 Halibrand replicas (Tomahawk/Cobra) on the rear and finding a fat tire for a 10 inch wheel will not be easy.........http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=8223&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos