HybridZ

Z31 into S13

Guest HBZ81

• 1 year later...
Guest FlatBlak

I saw a 300zx turbo motor and 5spd for sale on a forum and decided to try to check around on possibility of swaping into my 240sx. I saw this thread and it made me want to try it, so I am trying to put the motor in now, and I just snapped some shots of the issues:

240sx008.jpg

240sx007.jpg

240sx006.jpg

240sx005.jpg

240sx003-1.jpg

Guest FlatBlak

the intake manifold and the exhaust crossover pipe are very close to the fire wall, and you can see the oil pan is coming down right on the steering rack, so i might try to get a different oil pan or change the intake plenum and exhaust manifold

The 89-94 Maxima with the VG has a front sump oil pan. You can grab one of those as well as the sump then weld on a bung for the oil return from the turbo. I bet that would probably work out. (2nd gen Maxima also has a front sump pan)

As for the intake, I'd probably use the 2nd gen Maxima intake. The S13-VG pictures I posted uses the 2nd gen intake mounted opposite of how it would be on the Maxima. That and the Pathfinder manifold would be my choices for manifolds but the Pathy manifold is pretty tall so the Maxima intake usually works pretty well.