HybridZ

My Rewinds showed up...pics

15x7 rewinds. The only problem is the 245's might look funny because they will probably be pretty wide for 7inch wide rims. I just got the rewinds for temporary use because they were so cheap($220) later on I will go with some wider rims but not untill I have the power to move them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KTM: Do you have 225/50's or 225/60's on the rewinds?

I checked out your cardomain site. Awesome car! Do you have any close up pictures of your wheel tire combo? Just wondering how well 225's fit on 7" wheels.

I am very close to ordering either 215 or 225 still can't decide... lol

Thanks guys for all your help!!!!!!!

I dunno about the 1st gens, but I know for a 280ZX, 225/50 wouldn't be equal to the stock tire/wheel diameter. It would need to be 225/55-15 (virtually impossible to find) to equal the diameter of a stock 205/60-15 tire (Turbo, specifically). So for ZX's, you're stuck either going bigger with a 225/60 or smaller at 225/50. That's why I'm trying to find a lightweight 16" wheel that'll fit, so I can use a 225/50-16 and have it be the correct diameter. To bad these Rewinds don't seem to come in 16's as far as I've seen.

I know I wish they made these in 16" but they need a monster order before they make them. :(

I think the 225/55 is the correct diameter but can't be had. So it is either 205/60, 215/60, 225/50 (little small) or 225/60 (little tall).

0100- Thanks for the compliment, and I am just curious were in MA do you live, I just moved from there a couple years ago. I have the 225/60's I wanted to go with the 225/50's but I had stock suspension then and figured the wheel gap would look funny, and plus they were way more money for some reason. Now that I am putting the new suspension on my car I think it might look fine with 225/50s. And I would go with the 225's for sure.

And Ed- about the front caps I just had to hit the dustcaps in and they fit. the only problem is the morons who mounted the tires figured since they don't fit well just throw them out!!

The car looks good Rob, glad you joined ZCCNE, we will have to definately get some rides in. I've been searching for tires and it looks like I'm going to get 225/50/15 Falken 512's from tires.com discounttiredirect.com . They are $62 ea. with free shipping. Best deal I could find. For $220 the rewinds can't be beat. I have the silver and graphite, I will put the silver on my #301Brown 280z and the graphite on my pearl white '240zT. I'm only going to get one set of the flaken's for now since I have brand new 14's on one now. DOH! Once I start a new job I'll get the other set. I will be hosting a spring club get together, we can work on the cars, shoot the $hit and go for a N.H. Z cruise. I live about middle of Mass. and Me. so it won't be much of a hall for u guys. Looking forward to the warm weather and cruising with others.

Sorry to kind of take over the thread but, 0100- I just moved from Middleton(next to Danvers) so I know were Salem is.

And Chris thats a good chose on tires, I wish i had went with the 50 series now. And what town in NH do you live in, just curious how far away it is?