HybridZ

Now you guys have me thinking...

Owen did you sell your 240z? I would not do a swap on a good running tt300zx. the stock motor can make good hp with mods. Also the 300zx is a very heavy car to start out with so you would not be much faster than the tt setup.

No, the TT is my daily driver, but the engine has 220K miles on it and is really starting to show its age. A JDM swap would be simple as long as I get a good one, but you don't really get to chose what the importer gives you. Doing a rebuild is too expensive right now.

Hmm, mods would be injectors, ecu, turbos, intercoolers, clutch/PP in the least, (already have a hp fuel pump). In Z32 terms, that's what, $4000? On top of the $2000 for the engine, 50K miles? Then smog. I think the V8 still wins the bang for the buck contest, no?

How much does the FD weigh?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I get the plans for the LS1+Z32 swap? I've been thru every post on this subject and have seen more arguments on the selling of photocopied plans, etc. rather than useful info or even pictures of mounts, etc.

Everything is snowballing around me and I am Officially Fu*ked right now.

Owen

After I bought the manual and compiled the data from HybridZ, I found out the manual served as little more than constructive theory.

Vann's website gave me all the information I needed and answers a lot of questions. http://www.vpiazza.com/ztext.htm

Vann's swap was also 1000x more clean, required no notching or frame cutting, and placed the motor/sump behind the crossmember. The only, pseudo, drawback is that you need to push the firewall back about 3" to fit the T56 through the stock shifter opening.

If you want the manual and can't get a hold of Adlashwa just shoot me a PM.

Just realize that the basics of this swap are no different than a SBC in an S30. Mount it, connect the drivetrain, run the harnesses, troubleshoot.

Owen to save some money the LQ9 is much cheaper and can use all the LS1 parts. Only differance is that it has an Iron block and lower compression. Do a car-parts.com search for 2003 Escalde engines, you'll probably have to put in a ls6 intake to make it fit under the hood though.

It'll have to be very close in price to the JDM TT! As you know I've been set back another $800. I think I'll just wait to do the swap later, I may want to get the JDM in and sell the car, who knows?

Owen

I think people should know about this.

For those who dont know I bought Owens motor last summer. In the process of putting in a new transmission we pulled the motor and decided to take a look at what was inside before taking it to the engine dyno. Things didnt look good, hyperutectic pistons, scat crank that wasnt forged. Then we started taking things out. Berrings with DEEP groves in them, ones that could of only got there from sand being there durring installation. Basicly every sign of poor engine construction was shown in the disassembly.

I pm'ed Owen letting him know what was going on and he instantly responded letting me know he would make things match as they were advertised, just send back the old parts. I'm extremely impressed and appreciative of Owens responce in this situation, with so many scammers out there today its nice to know there are still people you can trust.

For the record if anyone happens to know who built his motor do not go to him for any work.