HybridZ

It's almost time! Half Cut or Not?

Ed260Z

I found a Front Clip from a local guy. (not an importer), but it's missing the AFMs. Will the AFMs from a Q45 plug right in, or should I get them from another US market car?

You should probably use Z32 units. A lot of guys at RB motoring use twin Z32 units.

Using twin Q45' units might be a little harsh since they require so much air to go through them to register properly, then imagine that x2.

But if you are going D-Jetro =)

R32 GT-R MAF P/N "22680-05U00" (Same for R32/R33/R34 GTR Models)

Z32 TT MAF P/N "22680-30P00" ***EDIT*** I fixed this, I posted the wrong part number.

R33 GTS-T MAF P/N "22680-02U00"

R34 GTS-T MAF P/N "22680-31U00" (1998-1999)

R34 GTS-T MAF P/N "22680-31U05" (1999-2000)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strokerZ

Ed...my car is running twin Z32 AFM's...these are supposedly good for 500+HP. As for the rad...the one in this car is custom. I bought a custom made rad for my last 3.0l turbo stroker project from a company on EBAY....it was quite a good deal...you select the dimensions and also the location/size of the inlet and outlet...it worked out nicely and was very efficient. Do a search on Ebay for aluminum radiator or custom radiator...cant remember the company name off hand. Andrew

Thanks Q. As always your info is priceless.:hail:

Any Infinti's with the same part #'s. I can get those parts for 10% over cost.

Try to see if you can get the Z32 MAF's from an Infiniti Dealer, or maybe the I30, let me check those part numbers.

1996-1999 Infiniti I30 (A32 Chassis) "22680-31U00" (or "22680-31U05")

The Infinti I30 had a FWD VQ30DE I believe. This MAF might work?

The 3rd Gen Nissan Maximas (J30 Code, might also share similar parts to the VG30DE Infiniti J30). "22680-16V00"

What I would do if you wanted to go through the Infiniti route, grab some of those part numbers, see if they can cross reference them to certain models and vehicle applications (with engine codes).

See if they have any in stock and look at the MAF itself, if it is very similar you should be able to grab it. The Z32 MAF has a 4 wire pin that looks like this below, and has a rough 85mm diameter. (I was able to score a brand new Z32 MAF from my friend).

Z32_1.jpg

Z32_2.jpg

Z32_3.jpg

Z32_4.jpg

My understanding is that the MAF on the RB is limited to only 1 bar, that it can read. I was told that the Z32 TT will read more, but if they are the same part #'s how could that be?

They aren't the same part number Ed.

EDIT: Oh crap, I posted the wrong part numbers for the Z32 MAF.

"22680-30P00" should be the Z32 number as noted in the four pictures above. The pictures that I posted are of a brand new Z32 MAF.

Thanks for clearing that up. The Z32 MAF will just plug into the R32's harness, right?

I don't believe so. I believe the GTR Units are 3 wire units and the Z32 is a 4 wire unit. Correct me if I am wrong people.

You can use the Tomei Z32 Adapters for the MAF. Something like this, but I am trying to find a cheaper price myself.

http://www.bnecustoms.com/store/product.php?productid=17303

If you opt for the Apexi computer that does away with AFM's you wont need them and you can get a more efficient runner

I'm still new to turbo's and modifying the ECU, and sensors. I guess that would mean the addition of a MAP. For now I want to keep the engine basically stock, until I can do more research on the mods I want to make. I've always stuck with carb cars in the past because I was not the comfortable with my knowledge of modifying modern EFI system.

This isn't a major problem, but when it all comes down, you'll figure it out.

Hopefully with a little bit of help from you guys.

If you opt for the Apexi computer that does away with AFM's you wont need them and you can get a more efficient runner

There are two different systems BTW. Maybe you might be worrying about the Power FC which can come in a D-Jetro or J-Jetro setup.

D-Detro does not use MAF's (AFM's) but does use MAP sensors (I think it means Manifold Absolute Pressure).

J-Jetro does use the MAF's and will require AFM's.

There are two different systems BTW. Maybe you might be worrying about the Power FC which can come in a D-Jetro or J-Jetro setup.

D-Detro does not use MAF's (AFM's) but does use MAP sensors (I think it means Manifold Absolute Pressure).

J-Jetro does use the MAF's and will require AFM's.

I plan on using the AEM ECU in the future. For now I just want to get all the bugs worked out before I start to modify the engine. I may end up getting the AEM a little sooner than I planned, since I don't want to have to get the stock ECU re-flashed every time I do something.

I found a front clip close to my house and took a look at it. The ECU is MIA, and all the wiring looks dry rotted. The connectors for the ECU look a bit rusted as well. I don't think I'm going to get that one, but it did make me drool with anticipation.

I plan on using the AEM ECU in the future. For now I just want to get all the bugs worked out before I start to modify the engine. I may end up getting the AEM a little sooner than I planned' date=' since I don't want to have to get the stock ECU re-flashed every time I do something.

I found a front clip close to my house and took a look at it. The ECU is MIA, and all the wiring looks dry rotted. The connectors for the ECU look a bit rusted as well. I don't think I'm going to get that one, but it did make me drool with anticipation.[/quote']

I'm opting for the Power FC myself. but I guess an AEM unit would be nice, too bad it's just F*cking expensive

I've seen them from $1800 to $2400. My reason for considering the AEM unit is the same for going with the 26. A little bit more cost upfront, but a hell of a lot more bang for the money. I haven't seen another unit out there that will give you the range of adjustably that the AEM gives you. And the best part is no wires to mess with, just Plug N Play.

I don't believe so. I believe the GTR Units are 3 wire units and the Z32 is a 4 wire unit. Correct me if I am wrong people.

You can use the Tomei Z32 Adapters for the MAF. Something like this' date=' but I am trying to find a cheaper price myself.

http://www.bnecustoms.com/store/product.php?productid=17303

The GTR units are 4 pin

Regards the GTR radiator it is 480deep and 660wide, and the standard one in my 240Z is 470Deep x 660wide so there is nothing in it for fitting

The GTR units are 4 pin

Regards the GTR radiator it is 480deep and 660wide' date=' and the standard one in my 240Z is 470Deep x 660wide so there is nothing in it for fitting[/quote']

Hmm, interesting, I didn't know that. Are they still the thin alum. radiators with plastic ends?