HybridZ

Rally Datsuns

cygnusx1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having fun driving one of my 240z's on some dirt trails lately. I'd like to get setup a little better for some of the bumps that I encounter out there. Currently the rear shocks/springs don't seem like they provide enough support for the ruts, they will bottom out. Can anyone suggest a suitable strut/spring combo that I could easily bolt in without having to go with coil overs?

DSCF1106a.jpg

DSCF1105a.jpg

Well, seems like there isn't any drop in spring solution, but the European springs are slightly higher in the rear and stiffer, so I picked up a set on a group buy. Will drop in a set of KYB's and bump stops. May fab up a spacer for the struts to get a little more clearance to fit 225/70 R14's at some point. Right now I have a set of 215/70 R14's that I'll throw on.

Anyone else taking their Z off roading? I own a 2005 Frontier NISMO off road, and no doubt the Z car is more fun in the dirt (well maybe I worry too much about the new truck to get it that dirty).