HybridZ

need help with energy suspension 280zx rear control arm bushings

ok I just got one of my bushings installed and did anyone with this kit notice that the bolts from the factory sets do not fit. Well my concern is that when I install new smaller bolts that there will be too much slop in the mounting holes on the crossmember that could affect the alignment. So to anyone that has used this kit what did you do to solve the problem?

tbs

Apparently, Energy Suspension has serious quality control problems. Warren and I were all set to install his bushings, when he discovered the ones he had bought 3 years ago had some wrong parts in them (bolts).

Call them up and tell them what you've got vs what you need...

The issue I had with the ES bushings wasn't the bolts, because the ES bushing kit doesn't come with bolts. The problem I had was that the sleeves that the bolts went through were the wrong size. Somehow, they had mismatched the sleeves, which were too large to fit inside the bushing itself. I ordered another set from Summit, they were right, and returned the older ones for a refund. No problem. Summit worked with me where ES wouldn't. They'll just return them as defects and get the credit.

The issue I had with the bolts, Brad, was with the camber adjustment kit. For some reason, the bolts from the "front" adjusters were larger in diameter than the ones for the "rear" kits even though both kits were marked "with 14mm bolts". By the way, these kits are no longer available from Specialty Products and they, nor the manufacturer of that kit has enough parts left to even cobble together a kit. That got straightened out by simply modifying the stock bolt head to fit inside the adjuster slot and using it instead. Done deal.

Sometimes, ya just gotta think "outside of the box"...

Warren