HybridZ

Constantly getting looks, comments, honks.

BrandonsZ

My '81 280ZX was scary as hell last time i had it up to speed, It was the last time i drove it with the stock motor, so i thought i would see whats shes got. It had really crappy suspension and a heap of rear toe.

I was really stupid and pushed it to 146 MPH. Damn that was fast.

Since i have done the RB20 swap i have only had it up to 110mph. Gettiing new suspention very soon, then i will take it to a track and give her a run.

And yeah, i get heaps of comments, I had and old guy, probly about 80, call out to me while I was at a park, he said he used to have an '80 model and asked if i could take him for a spin, which i did, he said it made his week :).

Now with the turbo i turn heads everywhere.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 9-year old kid on my street said "My dad has a Honda, but you have a REAL car."

I assured him that his dad's car is also a real car.

He hears my exhaust when I come home and always comes running up to talk. Nice kid.

The 90-year-old woman next door said, "You have such a nice little car." I told her I put a V8 in it and she said, "Oh, and fast, but be careful."

I wonder if it was a bright orange Corvette or Porshe if the'y make the same comments. Nobody comments on my wife's Lexus, it's just background noise I guess.

A little off subject, but another guy at Kragen was confused when I wanted an o-ring for the radiator neck and when he asked, "what kind of car is it" I had to tell him I didn't know. It's just easier that way.