HybridZ

is it true?

v8260

I was watching the fast and the furious and theres a part in the begining where they are racing along a street and one of the guys is on the CB listenin for cops. i was thinking about that. would the cops be hearable on a CB? i would think there would be some kind of scramble. is this true or some movie crap.

Portable scanners which receive police frequencies are readily available. However, possession of one in an automobile is illegal in most states. One more crime to take on to the bank robber or even the street racer when he is arrested. E.g. Resisting law enforcement, Fleeing, Evading, Reckless Driving, Failure to Yield, Speeding, Illegal Possession of a Police Radio.

I've got some cheapo speakers on my computer and I pic up semi-truck conversations all of the time. It's gay. (I live right off of the major highway through town.) I only get to hear the guy that's on the road, not the guy he's talking to. I wish I could hear it all, but oh well.