HybridZ

Problems w/ MSA headgasket...pics.

tec280zx

I know what you're thinking, same as I, that it should flatten out when you torque the head down and it probably will. The actual reasoning should be why try and use a part with defects and it possibly failing. The result being that you have to shell out the money for a new one, have more down time, and having to do the work twice.

If it were me, I would return it and get another one, or use a different vendor just to be on the safe side.

Guest 73Turbo240z

yep... bite the bullet and take the additional downtime... i'd send those photos to MSA and as for a full refund of purchase and shipping, the go to courtesy nissan and order a hks 1mm from there.

Guest bastaad525

I wouldn't use it like that... 99% sure it would be fine, but like others have said, why risk it?

Order one straight from Nissan, best way to go.

Well, the headgasket came in a box with a few other things so it was a good size box. I seriously doubt UPS did this. The gasket was most likely boxed up like that. I've yet to call them, but this is for my turbo engine i'm dropping in, so there's really no downtime. Anybody know the nissan part number for a 81zxt headgasket? I might just go with one of those.