HybridZ

Master Cylinder

Guest gbvol54

Guest gbvol54

What am I overlooking?

I've seen lots of posts regarding what master cylinder to use with a hydraulic clutch setup. Many say the 82-92 camaro/firebird slave will work but most suggest a tilton master cylinder (as does the JTR manual). I've seen none that suggest using the matching chevy master cylinder. Is it a physical fit issue?

For me it was. The Tilton and Willwood cylinders are a real close match to the Datsun cylinder. All you have to do is widen the hole in the firewall a bit, and replace the Tilton plunger and boot with the old Datsun one. Real easy conversion and it looks stock.

Guest gbvol54

Thanks for the responses. I did try numerous searches and found lots of info on the Tilton and Wildwood. What I wanted to know was why the Chevy MC wasn't used. Thanks to Dale and Mike I now know.

Thanks for the responses. I did try numerous searches and found lots of info on the Tilton and Wildwood. What I wanted to know was why the Chevy MC wasn't used. Thanks to Dale and Mike I now know.

Oh, well there ya go! I shoulda thought about those options too when I did my upgrades.