HybridZ

RB Powered 510?

tfreer85

Okay so I just got off the phone with the guy I talk to for engines around me, he claims there is a local 510 running an RB20 or 25 Turbo. He also mentions that it is for sale for 7k, with upgraded turbo, BOV, and Fuel Management. Now my question is, can an RB fit in a 510, I know we have member with an L Series 510, just didn't know if an RB is possible. Sounds interesting enough to me so I'm going to look at it later tonight and take some pictures. Anybody have any pictures or seen this done before? Opinions are wanted.

Tyson

Well Im sure the firewall would have to be recessed with a RB motor. In any event, for only 7k, I would definetly have to look at it.

If you are close take a look and take a few photos, would be the first Ive seen of a 510 with an RB. Very interesting indeed.

The RB motor is way too long to fit in the stock 510 engine bay. You would have to modify the firewall to make it fit. Could make a great swap.

Any pics of that car out there> I would like to see that.

How much does an RB weigh?

I asked about this RB powered 510 on the 510 list and so far I have had several people get back to me stating that the car does exist. I have not heard about any pictures yet.

I asked: "There is a thread running on a Z forum about a 510 in or around Bakersfield, CA that has a RB 20 or RB 25 motor in it. Anyone know about this car? Does an RB 510 exist? Any info would be appreciated."

This is what I have heard:

"Yes this is true...he was at the recent time attacks at button willow a couple of months ago..."

"Yes, this is true. it is a RB25. ET Performance did

all the IC piping, cooling and custom intake manifold."

Anyone else have an info on it?

WOW qwik240z, I've called several times about it over the weekend with now luck I'll try again tonight. If its true, that'll be nice little treat and well if its for sale for 7K I'm going to have to say goodbye to a Z for while. Its hard to tell though definitely not the crowd to be going out to anything but famoso (drag strip), suprises me that someone heard of it out in Button Willow, about 20-45 minutes away. Also the one that I've heard of has NO IC.

Tyson

theres a RB 5 and dime in tampa some where.

pretty sure it was a RB26 but my memory is abit fuzzy.

saw it with my own eyes.

whole firewall was sheet metal and looked very trick.

mike