HybridZ

It must be the road??

Phantom

I don't know what it is but every time I'm on my way home from visiting my mother in the nursing home someone messes with me. First it was the Suzuki Eteem. The next time it was a guy in a PT Cruiser. What a joke - I didn't even bother to downshift. Then it was a guy in an Integra with a fart can. He was smart though - boxed me with traffic in front and then did running fly-by from out of my blind spot. All noise and nothing else on that car though and he probably knew it.

I kind of look forward to driving home from visiting mom now. What will I encounter next?

Well you might encounter a four door Corsica with an Aluminium GT wing and fart can or a Ford Probe GT-R with those dual deck ugly wings. R was stripped of a Sentra GTR, it had the stock 'GT' from Ford and the red "R" was just added on. Not only will you win, you'll get a good laugh out of it too. flamedevil.gif Oh! i forgot about the 85 Fiero with the plywood GT wing. The pylons were actually wider than the wing. At least he 'brush' painted to match the rest of the car.

I had something funny happen to me about a week ago while driving home from work in my BMW 535i. It was about 10:30pm, and the freeway traffic was sparse. A kid in an early 80's BMW 320i (4 cylinder, automatic) with a huge wing and a fart can comes storming up beside me and starts speeding up and slowing down. After about five miles of this, I got tired of him and just calmly pressed the accelerator to the floor and my quiet, 4-door sedan began gaining speed. He thought the race was on and started making lots of noise, but quickly gave up when I was about five car lengths ahead. I considered downshifting to third and leaving him in the dust, but beating him so badly just by opening the throttle was just plain embarassing. It was funny, but not what I'd call satisfying. Rather like beating up an innocent little girl scout and stealing her cookies.

Guest livewire23

thats why i dont have a fart can. attracts too much attention to a car thats way too slow. :D My exhaust note is much more subtle until WOT. at least I think so. Don, you were driving behind me the other day, Im not making that god-awful bumblebee noise am I?

When I was a teenie we would have laughed these guys off the streets with their little fart blossums.

I mean what the hell happened to our youth! Back in the day no one would ever dare to fix up a 4-door of anything and don't even try to pass off your 4cyl car as something cool or fast.

The noise these fart cans put out is very annoying to hear....uh could it might just be that I am getting too old, lol?

There is a guy driving around where i work with a grand am GT with DUAL fart cans, i keep wanting to humiliate him, but i haven't seen him on the road in a good place to play. It won't be in my Z either because that is at my parents house waiting modification, but i think my dakota R/T might give him a run. Or how about a ford ranger with dual 3" exhaust? i did "race" him, he tried leaving me at a light, or i wouldn't have raced at all, so i floored it, spun the tires and flew by, all the while being drowned out by an obnoxious sewing machine noise. i got a good chuckle over that one, especially that he was drowning out a 360 cubic inch with true dual 2.5" exhaust lol. i'm 21 (only slightly older than the ricer crowd i think) and i can't stand them, i've made it my mission to humiliate as many as possible.

http://www.geocities.com/pmcguff/PICS/RT1.JPG

Pat.

Just for fun tried to tempt a C-4 vette on way home last night. He didn't bite. Every pick-up within 100 yds. did but not the 'vette. What is it with pick-up drivers? Do they all think that a V-8 in a vehicle with no weight on the rear is fast?