HybridZ

Who is good with Electrical?

240ZR

So I am shaving my steering cloumn... taking everything off except the ignition... I need some help tho.... with wiring... is there anyone that can help me with some good wiring schematics? the Chilton's ones are crap....:evil:

Lets me explain whats is going on When i have a right or left turn signal on and i step on the break my rear turn signals turn off.... and i only have front (side) signals working.... once i let off the signal returns to normal... did i do something wrong or is this a normal Z thing?

Anyone think i crossed a wire? ::raise hand:: anyone have any idea where to start looking?

Ill take pics tomorrow for you all... you might be Jealous or inspired...... 5 Toggles.... high beams/low beams, left/right, wipers high/low. Washer fluid, Parking lights/normal lights...... all keyed to the ignition.... sometimes... I just work too hard.....:evil::evil: :evil: :evil:(did i mention the hidden Brake cut out switch on the floor, ****ing tailgaters eat me!!!!!) :evil: :evil::evil: :evil:

You might have accidentially connected two lines that shouldn't be connected. Or you could have a short somewhere (anywhere) in one of the lines. Had the same problem on my truck when a trailer light harness went bad.

If your lucky you will check your new wiring against the schematics and find your mistake. If you are unlucky, you will chase through all the wiring in a 30 year old wirig loom to try and find the chaffed wire.

Good luck.

Trace the two wires from the brake switch back to the column switch. I bet one of those is suspect OR the big ground wire on the column switch has an issue.

Mike

Lol thanks Man... i frogot to ground the new ground............... I feel stupid...... very stupid