HybridZ

Car is "Jumpy" when Corrnering semi sharply....

well just one more problem with my POS Z for a while i though it was a loose bolt in the door or door latch b/c id i opened and slam the door the vibration seemed to go away... (I now assume its b/c i was closing the door and stiffening the frame technically)... (i haven't been driving it a lot until this week) it seems that I make a "jump jump jump" sounds like the frame is rattling, and its never just 1 its always a series in rapid succussion... when i make left hand turns.... I can kinda of feel the car jump a little on the road.... I looked at my tires and only the rear seem to be a "feathered" on the edges this usually is misalignment right? That seem to be right..... maybe I am reading my tires wrong.... wasn't there another thing like feathering? um mm "sawtoothing" ? maybe that describes the condition of my rear tires more........ dose this mean I have too much toe? I do notice the car seems to loose grip a lot when cornering during/after i get some "jumps"........ and under heavy/medium breaking the car pulls right..... **** the more i talk the more i think Its bad caster......... sooo many problems with my Z soooooo little time to work on it before the Army...

I'm going to take a wack at this and say maybe it is a hosed strut insert. I had a bad strut insert on one side in the back and when I hit a bump on that side it would go ba da da da. (hard to describe in writing) If I recall correctly, scallopping or cupping on the edge of the tire is an indication of a bad damper.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night it got worse.... it felt like my back end hoped off the road when i accelrated mid turn..... I ended up with a TON of oversteer when i exited the corrner.... I still cant figure out what the hell is going on with my rear suspension.... Had the car up on the jack stands this morning and everything seems to be in order... I know my springs are a little soft... but I am not dumping money into this car befor i get my swap done with the rear end.

Last night it got worse.... it felt like my back end hoped off the road when i accelrated mid turn..... I ended up with a TON of oversteer when i exited the corrner.... I still cant figure out what the hell is going on with my rear suspension.... Had the car up on the jack stands this morning and everything seems to be in order... I know my springs are a little soft... but I am not dumping money into this car befor i get my swap done with the rear end.

Have a friend watch the car in a corner. I saw a car once that had a blow shock and the wheel would start jumping up and down as they accelerated in a corner. They complained of similar behavior.

Cary

Are you running CV's or universals on your rear half-shafts? I had a similar problem along with noise & vibration in the rear. Turned out to be a drivers side universal with a chunk missing. Replaced now and all the problems have gone away. Still don't know why the missing chunk would cause the hopping senstaion and oversteer but those symptoms disappeared with the noise & vibration when the universal was replaced. Go figure.